If we guys were true martial artists, we wouldn't be so foolish

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by nickh, Nov 3, 2007.

1. nickh

nickh Valued Member

Uh oh, we are in trouble.

I think we should consider ourselves chastised.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvnUrcRnU_M"]MY FINAL WORD TO ALL CRITICS - YouTube[/ame]

2. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

"you nasty critics!"

:D Class

3. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

I read Thomas the Tank Engine last night. I can drive a steam train now ;)

Is this the same guy?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvR2d9YoAxs[/ame]

4. nickh

nickh Valued Member

Did anyone notice the erm ... interesting version of 'Book of Five Rings?'

5. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

The mans a knobber ....leave him to his "world"

End message

Smurf

6. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

Wow after watching that i now realise i,m a master of loads of martial arts because of the books i've read i now pronounce myself doctor bassai (i've got a book on anatomy somewhere) 30th dan in bassai jutsu :p

7. Kogusoku

Kogusoku 髭また伸びた! Supporter

15 years in Take my dough does not qualify ninjer mastery. Nor will it ever.

Books are for reference, not for direct learning in this case. ESPECIALLY with weaponry. Reading about doing weapons based martial arts is one thing, being taught and experiencing how authentic classical or modern weapons based martial arts is completely another.

As for Ashida Kim books..... :rolleyes:

Go home Walter Mitty, yer mother's calling for ya.

8. nready

nready Verifying DMI pool....

What are they talking about first.

Who is this? Why is he calling out MAP?
    [ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wPOLnANI2zg[/ame]

9. Moi

Last edited: Nov 3, 2007
  10. nready

So I see now haveing spent several hours reading all that stuff and watching long vids. I see. Well ok. I guess you are all on report. If not that than on a list that the Korean Ninja(Choosen Ninja) will get one day. I am not seeing what upset the girl totally though. Interesting what emotions we attach to what we do!

To that she needs to know where she is, know what she does, and for get the rest.

11. fire&steel

fire&steel Valued Member

I like how the title of his vid is " I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU GUY SAY ABOUT ME ". Yet he cares enough to post that vid and show us his little Golden book collection :D

Anyway, I for one have seen the light. I am going to retire from Martial arts and go get me all the Harry Potter books and become a Wizard.

I am sick and tired of my instructor being a constant critic of me. He is very sneaky (ninja sneaky) & claims to be trying to make me a better Martial artist but, I know he just likes picking on me and being a constant critic to make him feel superior to me.
    So I am going off on my own to become a wizard and suround myself with sycophant minions, who will admire me for all my faults and encourage me to become a master wizard because, I know, I know more than all the other old master wizards who would only want to become another critic of my skills and try to cramp my style. Maybe just maybe, I will run across a Chosenwizard whom I can call my master who will do everything in his power to stroke my EGO

:Alien: :woo: :confused: :rolleyes: :D

Last edited: Nov 4, 2007
  12. Kogusoku

Kogusoku 髭また伸びた! Supporter

Yes, all of our teachers are nasty, sneaky critics of us and therefore in a psychological transference of frustration and anger, we have to criticise everyone else! Nothing to do with the fact a certain someone has just copied a load of pap from books, has a little experience in Take My Dough and thinks that qualifies him to call what he does as ninjutsu, let alone budo. :rolleyes:

Or is it the fact that that certain person is just speaking out of his orifice?

Nah, couldn't possibly be anything to do with that! :rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2007
  13. Moi

Suprisingly enough I managed to back it down my drive first time :cool:

Attached Files:

14. nready

Lol! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH BRETH for real HHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA!

The story in your eyes.
    [ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zRa_Mnp1JNY[/ame]

I have been think about story, one you need to hear.
    About a frightened

15. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

I'm sorry, I don't know anything about this guy or what his problem with MAP is, but does anyone else find it hilarious that in an attempt to convince us of his credentials, he displays his collection of Ashida Kim books? KAPOW - shot straight into the foot!

16. Orangeseger

Orangeseger YouTube =/= Training

I think that books can sometimes give you additional insight into an art, but as for skill....no so much...if at all. He claims to have knowledge, and in some microscopic way he does. I'm sure some of those books have a gem or too go information...more so from Hayes....but it's obscurred by Ashida Kim's down right blasphemy of the ninja art.

And he says he is trying to help those who don't have the resources...hardly. Lessons aren't that expensive, and many times you can talk to the instructor about financial needs. Plus, what he's doing is giving misguided people interested in a legitimate art absolute crap on a stick and calling it kabob.

17. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Maybe the guy can beat us in MA IQ but in skills?

All I ask he that he reveal who he trained with, under, or something that placed him in the role of student. Not sure 15 years of TKD would qualify anyone as a Ninjer/

I'm just sayin'.....

:bang:

18. Moi

About 3 foot higher by my reckoning ;)

19. Bassmonkey

Bassmonkey Formerly Cobalt60

At least he is asking for constructive critism, although i think that youtube would be overloaded by the amount of 'critism' that is posted.

Oh and love the way that because he 'supposedly' wears the symbol of the ninja, it means he is one.

So who is going to post the first of what i hope i will be many many constructive posts! :)

20. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

See Bokken basics aiki ken a whole thread opened with him and others in mind.

regards koyo