If u love doing demos this question is for u!!!

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by KSN_Princess, Sep 28, 2011.

1. KSN_Princess

KSN_Princess Kuk Sool Won Princess

Hi Ya'll,

OK so we ALL know that we all love doing demos!!! So we also know how stressful it is to prep for one or maybe not but for me it kinda is.

So what do u take out of this:

do u believe ur journey in ur martial arts is just at ur pase for testing & the more important thing would be demos then testing??

Even after ur Teacher told u that ur testing is more important then ur demos?
    What do u think???

For Me i believe my demos are important than my belt testings. In my case as of right now ive been practicing for this demo in Oct. for about 2 months & then my PSBN whats me to test a week before my demo! Talk about stress here!!! Oh They like to push me to my limits in my bo staff routines which is fine but to tell me im testing in oct! OMG!

2. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

Actually, I'm usually more concerned with better understanding and application of the techniques I'm practicing and improving my personality and mental agility in conflict. Performing is very much a "when I have to" thing.

Emphasis on training for tests isn't usually a good thing. The test should be tailored to gauge your ability, you shouldn't tailor your training to a particular test.

3. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

This. Exactly this. :hail:

4. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

although now that I got help to make little videos of me and my katas and put them on youtube from the adorable mappers, I like to demonstrate at times xxx