Idiot teaches himself the Japanese sword and then sells it

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Devoken, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Devoken

Devoken On the Path-Off the Rails

I am speechless:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJwpU7Pjggk"]YouTube[/ame]

And if you enjoyed that, check out the sequel:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4Z4slad3yo"]YouTube[/ame]

And you have not yet been overwhelmed by cool:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4Z4slad3yo"]YouTube[/ame]

Nothing could have prepared me for that last one. He is aparently a Tae Kwon Do student, though seems to have a lot of online followers wanting more sword-videos to learn from. :bang:

2. nickh

nickh Valued Member

All I can say is God help this guy when Steve and Scott get a load of this.

3. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

WEll you are AKA Kamikaze do I have to tell you what to do. Failing that I will have to go and see him then he would need amnesty international. :Angel:
    Your choice.

regards koyo

koyo

4. Lily

Lily Valued Member

One of the comments:
    Devoken - those videos have driven me to drink at 9:50am.

5. Devoken

LMAO!!!! :D

Any excuse eh? :Angel:

This guy has posted alot more of these vids on youtube, promoting 'Pecoraro's Martial Arts'. In case you start to sober up:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2lgl2GAg20"]BATTLE #3: Samurai Duel - YouTube[/ame]

In all honesty, I don't reckon I'd have any problem with these vids if he was using a toy lightsaber. I think his primary source of sword-instruction is from watching Star Wars Episode III.

6. Lily

Lily Valued Member

Dev - I rarely drink (we're talking a bottle of wine a year), this was just the thread that tipped me over.

That is the worst **** I've seen, he would have been sliced open so quickly by a beginner. And he turned his back and ran?!!!!!! WTH?!!!!!!!!!

7. Stevebjj

Stevebjj Grappling Dummy

Are you guys going to leave a comment?

8. Devoken

For the sake of fairness, I should add that I can't find any direct reference to this guy officially teaching this stuff despite the appearance of some of the (many) videos he has posted of himself, though alot of gullible people on the internet seem to be quite strongly buying into it. And for the record, he posts his MA experience as:

"Over the years I have studied Taekwondo (which is my core style), Kenpo, Kubudo, Escrima, Capoeira, Muay Thai, elements of Judo and Concepts from Jeet Kune Do and about six drills from Wing Chung."

EDIT-Actually I just found this on that kendo-world forum (quoting Adam Picoraro, the guy in the video):

"Although our core style is Traditional Taekwondo, we effectively blend concepts and signature techniques from Kenpo, Aikido, Kickboxing, Capoeira, Escrima, and Kobudo into our curriculum, providing our students with a well-rounded martial art education in both physical skills and martial art philosophy."

Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  9. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

Well, at least it looks pretty cool?

But seriously, why did he have to fake cutting that fruit? Could he really not cut it?

10. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

All I can say is thank frack he's only using a bokken painted silver.

Although I'd pay good money to watch a video of him doing it with a shinken. :D

I think it would be a short video though..... :rolleyes:

11. Devoken

You just keep telling yourself that.

He has locked comments on most of his vids after receiving a bit of flack from a kendo forum:

http://www.kendo-world.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11369

12. Sukerkin

Sukerkin Valued Member

I don't know why you chaps are getting so hett up - that's quite obviously MJER ... isn't it? Or maybe it's Katori?

13. Devoken

:D

14. Sukerkin

Sukerkin Valued Member

Sorry, I know sarcasm is the lowest form of wit but I was driven beyond endurance :lol:.

Still, in fair minded mode, the chap is obviously quite athletic and would probably do okay in non-koryu-specific stunt-work.

15. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

More XMA stuff for show :rolleyes:

16. Lily

Lily Valued Member

The thing is, he probably has trained MA and I think something happens where people feel:

a) they have learnt sufficient techniques in a short time to extrapolate/combine and put their own stamp/style on what they know

b) realise how much hard work it really is but are in some sort of denial because they feel they're pretty good despite what anyone in the dojo says/does

I'm assuming that he's relatively fit, athletic and has some coordination. Just has sold himself short. Easy to do when it comes to MA and believable enough for a beginner who doesn't know any better. And thus is born the McMaster, then the McDojo and the spin off clothes range McGis R Us.

17. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

With all that Mc-ing going on, I better get some fries and a shake to go along with signing that contract :p

18. Angelus

Angelus Waiting for summer :D

OMG What the HELL is this?!?!?
    gimme a stick and ill beat him down.. :D
    i just bite apples i dont need to cut them with a katana :D

19. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

I've seen his vids. He is quite talented. There is nothing wrong with mixing the martial arts you have learned to form your personal style. There is however, something wrong with teaching rubbish to people. Oh well.

20. kmguy8

kmguy8 Not Sin Binned

good XMA bad MA

once again we see the difference