Idiot Pacquiao re-signs with Top Rank

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Saved_in_Blood, May 20, 2014.

1. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Better off with Norwegian Cod Liver Oil - the actual oil, not the capsules. Make certain its sourced from places that've purified the Hg contaminants.

Supposed to be a fairly good mood stabiliser as well. :D

2. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

I actually take 6 grams of fish oil a day Nordic Naturals brand.

3. belltoller

That'd be the softgels - nah, needs to be the actual oil - number of reasons.

Getting hard to find the real thing in the States

4. Saved_in_Blood

I was taking one brand (still caps) that I had to order from out of country, but it was just to expensive. I did check the Nordic brand I use and in 3rd party testing it came out very pure over some of the cheaper brands. I've tried quite a few over the years, so I really can't say how much it helps me or doesn't as far as inflammation goes, but with the combo that I'm taking now overall I feel pretty good... it's just those days where I do something without thinking about it and then wake up paying for it the next day. On those days I have to take 800 mg motrin, but I don't take them often. I don't take anything narcotic aside from the flexeril which is 5 mg and I think that's the lowest dose. Stuff puts me out of it all day though... hate having to take it, but just don't have a choice sometimes.

5. puma

puma Valued Member

Just to get back on topic, I agree with Saved in Blood. Why is he signing with Arum again? Is it just a case of him not being able to say "no" to people? It may seem that way, well, to me anyway. Pacquiao, even now, is still a megastar. Why would he give up such a huge percentange of his purses? Why does he feel he needs Arum anyway? Imagine what he'd earn if he left Arum and signed to fight Floyd. That would sort his money woe's out, surely?

6. puma

puma Valued Member

Or does he know Floyd will school him and is using Arum as a shield to hide from that fight? That way he can continue to say he wants the fight, but knows that it will never happen with Arum.

7. Saved_in_Blood

I don't think Manny is afraid of the fight so much as arum is. Ariza was the one who came out and said that everyone on both sides wanted the fight except for arum. That's why there was such a fuss about drug testing, and then "the stadium" that was supposedly going to be built... and then the "we aren't going to bow to Floyd's demands"... it's all a power struggle. I don't personally believe Manny was clean for a lot of his fights from 140 and up, and it shows in his lack of power and inability to hurt guys the same way he could before, but that's a whole other topic. Point is, I would have liked to have seen Manny either go his own way, or with another promoter who could have gotten the fight done. As I said before... arum is quickly running out of options because he doesn't have many guys left in his stable for Manny to fight.

8. belltoller

I'd have to throw in Hannibal's response on that one
    I'm certain we all know some fellow that we look at and go, "Why does he put up with being treated like rubbish by his employer. He has marketable skills that go for a small mint."

Could be any number of factors, age; seniority; benefits accumulated that he may loose if he transfers; the market may be good for freshly minted skills of a given type, but an employer may consider too expensive to hire seasoned vets; etc., etc.,.

I'm certain similar type questions but on a different scale and level factor into it. He may know things about the other promoters that we've not been privy to, things that Pacquiao might consider deal-breakers.

We all get used to the white elephants in our lives. Sometimes to the point where we don't see them any longer.

The devil you know...

Last edited: May 30, 2014
  9. puma

puma Valued Member

He could have let Floyd promote him!

10. belltoller

That'd work well, wouldn't it?

11. puma

puma Valued Member

Be funny though! Wonder how long Pacquiao's nice guy image would last having to spend prolonged periods in the childish Mayweather's company? How long before he snaps?

12. Saved_in_Blood

I fully believe Floyd would take less money from Manny than arum does. I also think he would do a better overall job too. Floyd is about business, he would get rid of koncz immediately, which would be great for Manny.