IBDA members...

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Kevin W Collins, May 25, 2015.

1. Kevin W Collins

Kevin W Collins Valued Member

well garth...That PM I sent you did not only say that I won't give out my location...here is what I sent you in PM...

I said..."In the future yes but not while some seem to have me as a target."

And now...here is this...

garth I told you in another thread that your "reverse psychology" indeed worked but you responded sometime later saying you doubt I would prove you wrong.

Now that I know some people are actually trying to help (and you are one of them :) )...

My location is Gainesville, GA USA

Your observation was wrong and as you claim that I refuse help...garth, sorry but truth be known...I proved you wrong too. Not to mention that what you said I told you in PM...garth your not being honest either.

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  2. Count Duckula

Count Duckula Valued Member

No teacher worth anything as a person should mind you doing your homework. As long as you don't start talking about other teacher with him / her, there should be no problem.

3. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

There is a Bujinkan training group in Gainesville, the email address for the Shidoshi can be found on the Ninjutsu website, there are at least a dozen other Dojos and training groups to be found on the state list, however i am not exactly wise to the geography of northern georgia, so i can't really speak on how easy it would be for you to get to them, i'll post the list below so you can get a better idea of what is available.

http://www.ninjutsu.com/dojos-links_usa.shtml#Georgia

4. garth

garth Valued Member

Kevin W Collins wrote

No ones asking for the number of your front door, just the State you are in would be helpful.

Personally I think if you have nothing to hide then why not give out your general location?

After all no one is going to come knocking.

How is not giving the reason, which by the way is a lame reason (See above) dishonest?

I just think what you posted was an excuse, but thats just me, hense why I ignored it.

To be honest when someone says they are teaching and then fails to say in what area they live, my alarm bells start ringing, but maybe thats just me.

5. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

He did a couple of posts up!

6. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

KWC - I think people are teasing you on here, because you've very confidently espoused several very uninformed opinions. But I think we mean it with… y'know, some shade, but we aren't out to doxx you or anything. If you're honestly looking for help, people on MAP are going to provide it. Many of the folks on here are not comfortable using their real name or anything, others are more up front about it and there's no troll brigade stalking after them.

7. garth

garth Valued Member

Kevin W Collins posted

See not hard is it?

Now we can help you, and one person already has. And now you can move forward.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=535Zy_rf4NU"]"You've taken your first step into a larger world" - YouTube[/ame]

8. Kevin W Collins

What you said in the quote above makes it sound like I just refuse to give out my location and that wasnt the case at all.
    What you said above does not...i repeat...DOES NOT...match what I had actually said. below is what I had actually said.

actually...not only one person...but quite a few people on this forum has already helped me. And even more progress can be made.

But that one "instructor" of mine said he learned from SKH...You are the only one on MAP so far that I know of who is claiming to me among all these people that you learned from SKH.

How do I know for sure you aren't that same "instructor" and now that the kata/form is out there your denying what you told me so that you aren't exposed as a fraud...How do I know that for sure that your not him???

9. JibranK

JibranK Valued Member

Garth lives in England, his SKH connection lasted a decade, and a quick search of MAP will reveal posts where he's outlined his background. He in fact corrected the 'facts' that you shared with the class learned from that instructor.

10. Kevin W Collins

You say a quick search of MAP will reveal posts where he outlined his background.

Then a quick search of MAP on his, or anybody's part will reveal posts of me coming to terms about what I have been taught was fraudulent as well as making progress toward good and authentic instruction as well as quite a few people helping me where they can and not just what he believes.

11. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

He's trying to help give you advice on where to train. Stop acting like a paranoiac with a chip on your shoulder.

12. Kevin W Collins

no chip on the shoulder...The PM i sent him which he recently mentioned and so I quoted openly for all to see repeatedly thanks him for his help while also still acknowledging what further help he has extended to me...reverse psychology can work only to a degree. Even though he took what I said out of context and made it sound like something I didn't say.

13. garth

garth Valued Member

Mr Collins

As JibranK posted I do live in England and never in the USA.

If you wish to know more about me you can follow the link at the bottom of the page or go to http://bujinkannorthampton.wordpress.com

I did travel to the USA to train with Stephen Hayes' and brought him to the UK on four seperate occasions

I hold shodan in To-Shin Do which I gained on July 16th 2006

14. Kevin W Collins

Congratulations in your achievements and accomplishments...and yet again Thank you :)

15. thomas81

thomas81 Valued Member

I really doubt theres anything on RVD's dvd set worth paying for that isn't on youtube already.

16. thomas81

thomas81 Valued Member

I think its pretty obvious that his motive isn't accurately assessing the skill of the student. Any responsible shidoshi let alone a shihan wouldn't send out mail order black belts without evidence that the student has a solid grip of ukemi and their taijutsu techique. I am not seeing how these things can be fairly guaged without the instructor being with the student in person.

Videos can only be used as a training tool, and a very supplementary one at best.

I think the whole idea of enabling everyone in the world to train in BBT regardless of being near a dojo or not is a nice idea unfortunately its simply not a practical one.

17. Kevin W Collins

May I point out that in the following quote I mention having at one point in time his black belt training course manual...it has training videos...have you seen those training videos?

There is only very limited posts on youtube which are actual clips from the training videos in that manual.

Most of what is available on youtube of the Bujinkan training isn't from the RVD course at all.

18. thomas81

thomas81 Valued Member

Its pretty irrelevant whether or not someone has uploaded all of RVD's content or not. I can type in any bujinkan technique into youtube, and more often than not something will come up. Usually by someone just as, if not even more competent than RVD.

I'm not saying the dvd set is totally snake oil, to some people it may have some value, especially to those who can't get near a dojo. However to do this 'course' and come out worthy of a shodan, i'm sorry something isn't right somewhere. At best you are having false delusions of combat readiness and at worst if you do end up in a altercation you may end up with more than a sore ego.

I may only be a green belt, but by the time i get my shodan i will have earned it because i will have experienced all the bruises, pain and tribulations that go with real training.

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  19. Kevin W Collins

While understanding the importance of having an instructor or not arguing whether it is practical or not...may I point out the quote below...

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  20. Kevin W Collins

I see your avatar and considering the last line of the quote above I feel led to ask...

Are you a member of the International Bujinkan Dojo Association?