IBDA members...

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Kevin W Collins, May 25, 2015.

1. Kevin W Collins

Kevin W Collins Valued Member

Are you asking in hopes of actually trying to help me or are you asking in hopes that I provide fuel to talk trash?

2. Plusminus

Plusminus Valued Member

I was asking in order to establish if you're just too young to have had the opportunity to know of certain things regarding your queries, or old enough to have missed information due to other commitment.

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  3. Kevin W Collins

Please explain exactly what you mean by that.

what do you mean by "young enough to have had the opportunity to know of certain things regarding my queries".
    Opportunity to know of what certain things?

and also "old enough to have missed information due to other commitment".
    Having missed what sort of information due to what sort of other commitment?

4. Plusminus

Plusminus Valued Member

Forgive me for any misunderstanding my post may have caused. English is not my first language -as I mentioned in the "reason for editing" above-, and, ofttimes, I have trouble getting my point across. I hope the fix in the post above helps you understand my intentions.

EDIT:

The "young enough" part was my mistake, I changed it to "too young"; sorry for the confusion. If you're a young person in their early 20s, I can understand that you haven't had much time to access printed or online sources, regarding both ninjutsu as a whole and the IBDA (and its reputation among practitioners of the Bujinkan arts).

The sort of information, again, regarding ninjutsu and the IBDA, due to a commitment like, e.g., a long-term relationship that led you to stay away from training or the pursuit of it.

5. Kevin W Collins

Correct me if I'm wrong here, are you trying to get an idea what sort of walk of life background I'm from?

Or is it more of trying to get an idea of the reasons I haven't looked into things as to know if I pursuing a genuinely authentic method of training in any style of martial art?

I'm asking because I provide enough fuel for people to talk trash without people asking questions that seem...I don't know...well...here...

questions like that.

6. Plusminus

Plusminus Valued Member

In essence, it's the latter. I only asked about your age; everything else came as an answer to what you, in turn, asked me.

7. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

Mr. Collins, if you feel people are "trash talking" you then may I suggest you use the report function and go through official MOD channels

That was my mod hat.

8. Kevin W Collins

Sometimes it is hard to say whether or not someone is "Trash Talking" and so I reconsider reporting them

9. Kevin W Collins

For now...lets just say that my family hasn't been very fair to me even when it seems they wanted me to believe they were and when faced with the truth they were angered by it and were even more unfair.

Not only in childhood but also during adulthood.

10. thomas81

thomas81 Valued Member

If i were you i'd take Van Donk's credibility with an extra large portion of salt at best.

I believe Hatsumi sensei calls him the 'golden boy' on account of his primary motive being money.

11. benkyoka

benkyoka one million times

Do you know that to be the case for certain? Do you feel comfortable starting or spreading that rumour? Didn't you just start training like 3 weeks ago? You'll fit right in the Bujinkan. :rolleyes:

12. thomas81

thomas81 Valued Member

I didn't start it, i read it on the bullshido forum.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16602

As for 'spreading' it, i don't really see how little old me can tarnish his name any more. His shady reputation was already common knowledge in the MA community and the bujinkan AFAIK.

13. benkyoka

Ah, so you're comfortable spreading rumours. The Buj and you will get on well.

Interestingly, it seems you and Kevin get your information about the organisation the same way. Through the internet.

14. thomas81

thomas81 Valued Member

At least i didn't stump up any money for a highly questionable distance learning 'blackbelt course'.

15. benkyoka

True. You stumped up money for a cheap practice sword.

16. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

Now now. I think he's seen the folly of his ways on that. No need to beat him over the head with it for all eternity.

17. Count Duckula

Count Duckula Valued Member

Not unlike Hatsumi himsefl really :)

18. Kevin W Collins

"Golden boy" on account of his primary motive being money...um...not calling you a liar but I'm asking for proof that RVD's primary motive being money is the reason RVD is refered to as the golden boy.

19. Kevin W Collins

yeah...I didn't even see them till just now. It seems they are following me from the other forums to here in the "Beginning Martial Arts" forum just to be able to talk trash even after I have come to terms about my training being more fraudulent than not.

20. garth

garth Valued Member

Mr Collins

I'm going to stay polite here so please don't think this is an attack on you, just an observation, and its probably an observation you are not going to like. But sometimes those things we don't like make us grow.

But here it is.

I asked you on line, in this forum where abouts you lived so I could direct you to maybe someone who could help you with your training. You refused to give that information and then sent me a PM saying you would not give that information.

Now for two threads, 9 pages you have been gong on about the IBDA distance training course.

Personally, and this is just an observation as I said, I dont think your interested in actual training, I think you just want to learn from a video where the discomfort of being told your mistakes, looking at your ego, and feeling the pain of the actual techniques is not there.

In short your taking an easy route to a secondary black belt.

And I say a secondary black belt because no amount of video training will make you become a first class black belt. For that to happen you need one on one training with a teacher. Now you may not like that but Sorry thats just the way it is.

If you were really interested you would be asking the people on here for recomendations for a qualified shihan in your area who could take you from mukyu to Shodan in a few years (With regular training). But you keep harping on about the RVD study course.

In my opinion your an armchair warrior and unfortunately you will always be second rate to those that turn up week by week to train with a qualified teacher.