iaido/kenjutsu/kendo in the northwest uk.

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by maf, Apr 23, 2009.

1. maf

maf Valued Member

hi guys,

just wondering if anyone knows of any Iaido/kenjutsu/kendo clubs in and around the chester area?

cheers in advance for any info.

2. ScottUK

ScottUK More human than human...

BKA Kendo, Iaido & Jodo Maps (looks like Liverpool & Bolton are your best bets - and while both clubs are fine, the Bolton dojo has strong ties to Japan)

For kenjutsu you are an hour away from two kenjutsu dojo (both Hyoho Niten Ichi-ryu). Me in Walsall and a fellow in Preston. PM if you need to chat more.

3. Langenschwert

Langenschwert Molon Labe

I would seriously recommend the OP get to an HNIR dojo if he can. Training in Koryu kenjutsu is ridiculously hard to find... there is so much BS in sword arts that one has to be careful, so doing a Koryu art like HNIR is a good way to ensure you're getting the "real deal". I attended last year's HNIR seminar here in Calgary, and enjoyed it greatly. HNIR is direct and to the point, just like a good sword art should be. Even though I do European sword arts primarily, I plan to join the Calgary HNIR study group in the fall, since by then the AES and the HNIR study group will be likely to be training on different days. And of course I'll be at the seminar this summer. :)

Best regards,

-Mark

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  4. maf

maf Valued Member

brilliant guys, thanks for helping me out with the info, the information was actually for a friend who's interested, but now i have the relevant info i'm gonna have a look myself aswell, never hurts to learn something new.

cheers guys.:cool:

5. ScottUK

ScottUK More human than human...