I was almost a Brown Belt in Judo

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Xue Sheng, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

I was reading the thread about Judo culture in England when I remembered that I was almost a brown in Judo. Not the kind of thing you would think I would forget...this is in America by the way

Many years ago I was contacted by a Judo school who wanted me to teach taijiquan. So I showed up to talk with the Judo sensei who had contacted me. He then decided he wanted me to put on a demo, that was not even mentioned until that point, for the Judo class. So I did, nothing exciting, I did the Beijing 24 form for them. He then decided he definitely wanted me to teach taijqun at his school. But there was a problem...I needed to be covered by his insurance....and to do that I had to teach there....ok...i would be....but there was another catch....Judo...I had to teach Judo...and to do that I had to be a brown belt in Judo...so he was going to make me a brown belt in Judo...to teach taiji...at his Judo school..... I decided that I was no interested in being a fake Judo Brown Belt..even though I train CMA with no belts, I have a lot of respect for them.....so I figured out a reason why I just could not teach there

Thomas and axelb like this.