I want to look like this.

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Wilson, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Verx

Verx "Darkness Approaches"

That was the joke of the month. :p :D :D

2. Tartovski

Tartovski Valued Member

Mmmm, man flesh...

*Ahem*

Anyway. I think telling someone it all boils down to genetics or whatever is a cop out for people who can't be bothered to work hard for their goals.
    If it's all down to genetics, isn't it funny how so many actors seem to have the right genetics to be able to bulk up/slim down straight away... Perhaps the do a DNA test before employing them?
    or, you know, maybe everyone can bulk up/slim down so long as they train hard, and diet correctly?

Anyhoo, down to the advice.
    Go here: www.exrx.net - read, learn, do.

Go here: http://www.gymjones.com/knowledge.php?id=36
    Be inspired.

3. Reakt

Reakt Valued Member

Genetics are very much a large part of it. Actors who bulk up and slim down for roles are able to do it because they are genetically fortunate in that respect, because thats the role they suit. You wouldn't find Woody Allen being cast as an action hero, then being told to bulk up like that guy in the thread starters pic would you?

You have to work very hard and I don't think it's impossible to achieve anything within reason. The way you are with your body, frame, testosterone and metabolism will greately effect how long it takes and what you have to do to reach such goals however.

4. Cuchulain82

Cuchulain82 Custodia Legis

Before you start dropping gymjones articles, you should read those articles first. Like the original 300 article. The whole goal of the training they did for 300 had very little to do with aesthetic. They trained for functional strength.

The kid who started the thread isn't interested in functional strength, at least not now. He wants to look like a magazine ad. That's not healthy motivation imho. Diet and exercise are huge, but so is genetics. FYI, so is digital alteration. Training hard to be stronger and fitter will be rewarding. Trying to look like an ad will not.

5. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

ROFLMAO!

I was about to ask the OP when he realized he wanted to be metrosexual. :D

Like Sever *Runs for the door* :D

6. Kralk

Kralk Valued Member

Genetics is not as big as an issue as everyone here is making it out to be. Most of us have muscles in the same place so we can all get ourselves ripped. In that photo the model seems to have very low body fat and not that big a muscles, so i'd say you should bulk up till your muscles are a bit bigger than you want them, then you need to cut all the fat and get down too about 7% bf. You can research on the internet how to do it.

7. Shrukin89

Shrukin89 Valued Member

6 foot 2, 150 pounds... Skin and bones you must have. Don't push yourself too hard to achieve of what you want. I'm not exactly good at making a routine workout for ya. :p

8. Wilson

Wilson Valued Member

Ok, so pretty much my best bet is to gain weight, and then cut my body fat down.

Does anybody have and specific diets they would like to recamend?

9. MonkeysUncle

MonkeysUncle Shakin' like Bacon

I really don't mean this in a mean way, but google.com has quite a bit of information. Just type in "cutting body fat" and look at the first 5 or 10 results, there's a ton out there.

10. Agutrot-

Agutrot- Jack of all Trades

Stop playing MMORPGs...

Seriously...

11. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

riiight. 7% bf is healthy for a 17 year old.
    :rolleyes:

12. Wilson

Wilson Valued Member

Lol, I use to play along time ago. I was 160lbs last summer but then wrestling season came along and i dropped down to 145 lbs, Gained about 10 lbs and then lost it for some odd reason. So thats why im so light if you guys were wondering.

Would it help if i posted a picture of myself? I really wanna know how skinny i look...you guys just have to promise not to laugh ;) lol jk u can if you want.

(btw, for wrestling season i was told i was 7.5% body fat...I just stepped on some weird scale and it printed out a reciept...)

13. slipthejab

are you gonna wear a jock strap?

14. Wilson

Wilson Valued Member

Just for you.

15. slipthejab

ROTFLMAO!!!

Someone ring up GC! :p

16. Cuchulain82

Cuchulain82 Custodia Legis

Tastefully done! :D

17. wrydolphin

wrydolphin Pirates... yaarrrr Supporter

Well, develop body dismorphia and an eating disorder and you are on your way. No one looks like that. Not even that guy looks like that, if you look closely, you can see where they air brushed the hell out of that photo.

Actors are abnormal, they have money to pay people to make them work out correctly, they have time to spend multiple hours in a gym, they have chefs and are probably to used to being hungry they don't even recognize hungar pains anymore. Yeah, sounds like a peach of a life to me.

If you want to look good in real life, just be healthy. Learn about a real healthy diet work out because you enjoy it and you want a healthy body and go from there. Models and actors really aren't always great looking when they are in real life, they just happen to be photogenic, short and of small stature (for the most part) and they have great make up artists.

18. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

7% BF is extremely low! Bodybuilding professionals (read steroid and GH users) are at that percentage for contests only! Here is a comparison chart link for "average" Body Fat for men and women:

Body Fat Chart

19. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Surgery?
    Implants?

As spare pair of socks?

20. strider

strider Valued Member

bcuz ur 17 don't do anything b4 consulting a pro. cuz u might mess up ur body,but once u get the go.
    proper diet ,weight lifting,and "supplements".
    they'll be enough to rip u up dude,and if you have the good genes u'll be 10 times better than that guy.