I want Abs!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by HanzoHattori, Mar 23, 2006.

1. HanzoHattori

HanzoHattori New Member

okay so well, ive finally decided i want to get abs whatever i must do,, and hopefully some of you men of steel will be so kindst to help me.. i did search for abs and didnt find anything so sorry if theres already one of these,, but anyways. okay well we did this exercise in class one day that totally left me sore for the next 3 days,, ive made some modifications to it mainly increasing it,, so with class ill also do this twice a week,, i do 45 push ups then 45 sit ups,, then i do 40 push ups and 40 leg lifts,, ( and the ab part of the workout ill also do 1/3 to right and mid and left so its all round) k so then i go to 30 push ups then 40 sit ups, 20 push ups 40 leglifts, and i continue this pattern too 10 push ups 9,8,7,6....1 after i do the last push ups ill pretty much do those till i cant do push ups no more and also leg lifts and sit ups to end with a bang... i should prolly add in some cardio though by joggin,, how long and how many times a week though should i joke,, and do any of you have any tips of any food i should be eatin and what i should def. stay away from,, thanks for your time to read this and hopefully youll be able to help me =D

2. aml01_ph

aml01_ph Urrgggh...

Abs? You already have them!!! :p

But seriously for your abs to show, you will have to follow consistently to a regime of exercise and diet. There's already a lot of threads here in H & F about nutrition and exercise so just browse through.

No offense meant, but could you please use the proper punctuation marks. It helps all of us read and understand your post better. :)

3. ItalianStallion

ItalianStallion Valued Member

Getting abs is all cardio, no point building abs up if it's covered by a layer of fat right?
    There's two things you need to do:
    Diet - Quit the junk food/drinks, also try to eat 5-6 times a day instead of only 3 (obviously the meals will be smaller).
    Cardio - Run at least 3 times a week, doing intervals since they burn more calories than slow jogging.

4. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Ab roller wheel: $20
    Good diet: $0
    Russian twists: $0

Looking good on a beach: Priceless

5. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Exactly what I was going to say! :D

Abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym. Which is far harder :eek:

6. sean

sean THOR!

Anaerobic respiration is your best friend in the weight loss (along with diet).

The best way to accomplish this is to follow 'Tabata' or HIIT (Hi Intensity Interval Training).

For example: 40 seconds ALL OUT excercise (breathing extremley heavily) - 20 seconds rest. Repeat this for 5 minutes at first, it will take alot out of you if you are not used to anaerobic excercise. Try to use full body cardio machines if available e.g. elliptical stepper. Other wise, sprints on a feild work almost as well.

The basic concept is to raise your heart rate dramatically, then rest, then raise, then rest.

7. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

Also, to make them more protrudent, i find that incline situps with a medicine ball on your chest really knock em out. Those and leg raises and your away.

8. Pobeli

Pobeli Valued Member

I would say more like: "Good diet: $500 a month."

9. Nomadwanders

Nomadwanders Valued Member

I have a washboard stomach... someone just threw in a load of towels :D

Much easier to get strong abs than sculpted abs. When I figure out the latter, I'll let you know.

10. HanzoHattori

HanzoHattori New Member

... Meh silly me i knew that, but yes i need to remove this layer of fat covering them. I'm able to feel them really well so i dont think i have to much longer to go. Well thanks alot guys even though i hate not eating certian things ill get over it, (ive put away soda for awhile now). And i gota start doing me some carido. Well thanks a whole lot guys for the answers, and ill try and work on how i type to yall ^.^.

11. Angelus

Angelus Waiting for summer :D

LOL now my abs are covered in a layer of flab.... I miss the days before i got lazy :cry: .... im getting back into it again lol....
    My abs are still strong though... im just not as light as i was...lol and i quit cross country.....BUT IM GETTING BACK INTO IT :D:D:D

12. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Ok slight exageration, fruit and veg, oats, whey, fishoil caps, wall nuts and some lean veg... about £25 a week for me.

13. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Where are you doing your shopping!?!

14. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Waitrose.

15. M Lambert

M Lambert Fitness Consultant

fruit and veg... lean veg....

you mean lean meat yeah? lol

16. HanzoHattori

HanzoHattori New Member

lol heh i see. umm well i eat alot of cereal.. For normal school days in the mornin g i have a big bowl of cereal at around 6:30 . I dont eat while im at school ,but when i come home at 4 i eat another huge bowl... Then for dinner whatever my moms made.

17. Achilles

Achilles Valued Member

you need to start eating at school

18. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

Yeah. Have something at dinner time for sure. Your eating too little for your metabolism to be churning up whatever food you throw into it.

Now imagine a paper shredder. You throw ten sheets of paper into it at once it will jam. Feed those pieces in one at a time they will go through and be spat out very nicely. So instead of that big ass bowl of cereal when you finish school, have something to eat in school, then a smaller bowl when you finish. Itll make all the difference eventually.

19. TheAngle

TheAngle Valued Member

A good diet does cost allot. In modern time it does.
    Also are you skinny? Are you overweight? Different work out will be depending on the questions.
    From my understanding AB wheeler builds strength, endurance, etc. But for a over weight guy? Not saying you are. But if you have extraweight, than dead lift and cardio as well as calorie control is more important than the wheel.

20. Dragon Brush

Dragon Brush Valued Member

Once you get that fat off, you can put some nice mass on your abs by doing leg lifts, double crunches, and bicycles with ankle weights on.

And NEVER doubt the power of the unweighted crunch. I am also a strong supporter of full situps. I'll elaborate later, when you're ready ^ ^