I think maybe I've found my "move"!

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by SAMA-UK, Aug 13, 2011.

1. SAMA-UK

SAMA-UK the Mr Bean of Wado!

Can't imagine I'll ever master a spinning back kick to the noggin - but (as still an enthusiastic novice) I was introduced to the spinning side kick this morning. Happily, I seemed to click with this move almost immediately - on both sides.
    I don't know if it rates highly in a kickboxer's armoury, but any kick you feel comfortable with has got to be advantageous, hasn't it? Anyway, it just feels good to find something that works early doors! :)

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Good to have got the kick down on both sides.

How is the sciatica these days?

3. SAMA-UK

Almost gone! Underwent six weeks of intense physio and I'm still doing pilates style exercises at home. Enormous relief to be virtually pain free. And also pleased at results as some of the further treatment being considered didn't appeal!

4. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Excellent news, I have the same with my back. As long as I stretch well after class I am relatively pain free. Such a relief after a few years of being uncomfortable.

5. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Theres a youtube video on Eddie Bravo's site where you see Joe Rogan teaching GSP on how to do side/back spinning kicks.
    Due to Rogan's TKD background it did look quite impressive and GSP even swore!

Personally not a fan of it though, but then again not great with spinning kicks myself :D

Good stuff!

6. SAMA-UK

Spinning sidekick followed by the roundkick looked a wicked combo. I might have a go at that! He's bloody quick on the turn!

7. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

i have given it a go myself and I cant get the snap right, then again I do have a dodge knee at the moment.

I dont really like doing spinning back kicks as the best counter for it is a butt bump :D