I Survived Hurricane Ike!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by dormindo, Sep 16, 2008.

1. dormindo

dormindo Active Member Supporter

Hello all. Just wanted to say that all is fine with my wife and I here in Houston. Things are slowly seeking to get back to normal, but it may take a while.

Are there any other Houstonians who are on this board who are okay?

paz,

dormindo

2. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Glad to here that you and wife are safe. Hopefully you didn't have any damage to you abode. Patience will serve you well during this crisis! Thanks for letting us know how you are doing....

3. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Good news Dormindo ...

take care

Smurf:evil::evil:

4. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

Yes, please post if you're all ok, I've been worrying about a few people. :)

5. dormindo

dormindo Active Member Supporter

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. My response time is slow because we don't have internet at the new place yet (so I'm typing this at the university). The place held up well--no damage. We lost power Friday night but got it back on Sunday afternoon. All of the rest of my family here is well. Only one of my sisters remains without power. Everyone in our capoeira grupo is also doing well. Houston is getting back to normal in terms of most city services--though many homes remain without power.

paz,

dormindo

6. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Glad to hear you're ok. Hopefully they'll get the power up and running soon and life can start getting back to normal.