i seen the Best TKD performance of my Life ;)

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Bruce Irving, Nov 19, 2005.

1. Bruce Irving

Bruce Irving New Member

i seen the Best/worst TKD performance of my Life ;)

:D wow talk about bad publicity. i was helping my instructor do a Muay Thai demo at a local college the other day and there was also a TKD team there. I really really really wish i had a camera on me, so ill just try to explain it as best i can.

The school had about 10-15 students of all belt colors. they started by performing there punch and kick combos and moved onto kicking boards..... this is where things got interesting. first gurl came up (yellowbelt) tried to do a high kick on the board, she hit it with her foot and it didnt break.. she tried 6 more times and it never broke. the instructor got ****ed took the board n threw it away n told her to go back in her ready stance or what ever...

next person was a white belt he did like a front push kick to the board he broke it.... but the guy holding the board was at eye level with it and when it snapped the wood hit him in the face and he started holding his face and screaming(hahaha classic. sorry if im evil) he quickly stopped n sat back down with the team and then blood started to trickle down his face and he had to keep wipping his forehead.

red belt big tall black dude looked fast and athletic, took him 3 times to break the board with a spinning hook kick... he walked away limping in pain.

Black belt took her 3 times to break her board with a simple roundhouse.... (she earned that belt well$$)

finaly the Instructor goes he has to break 3 boards ... first board he punches and it breaks second board he does a high kick and it breaks third board he kicks it and it flies out of the persons hand UNBROKEN.... lands and splits in 2.... lol wow it was an amazing event.. afterwards my insturctor asked for a board bc he always wanted to break one and the TKD guy got ****ed and he yelled "ANY ONE! can break a board!" and left. i started to feel bad when all the college students started making fun of them but they were saying sum pretty funny stuff..

Last edited: Nov 19, 2005
  2. MarioBro

MarioBro Banned Banned

You must be trying to make a point here with your story. My guess is that your point is the same as any other who relate negative stories about some TKD they have seen (or any other MA for that matter).

What it always seems to boil down to is the story teller is usually relating their perception of an event in an attempt to inflate their own art, be it MT or whatever, over other martial arts namely TKD as it is the most known, visible, talked about, practiced and therefore attacked martial art out there. There are poor performers in any MA and there are excellent performers in any MA. TKD is simply more widely seen.

In my TKD class during tests there are those who perform well during board breaks and others who perform less than well. MAers growth is generally not measured against others, but against themselves. How are you growing in relation to yourself? If you derive entertainment in the belittling of others, then I suspect you do see an inclining line on the chart of your growth. eg. ('Guy got hit in face with board and started bleeding...haha')

Tae Kwon Do means the way of the hand and foot. The 'Do' means way, and way describes a path to enlightenment. Enlightenment is knowledge. Knowledge of not just Tae Kwon Do and all it offers, but knowledge of yourself and of others. It means respect of yourself and others. If you are unable to respect yourself then it is hard to respect others and it shows through. Get some self-respect and then perhaps you can stop entertaining yourself with stories that rather than appreciate the nerve it takes these demo groups to perform in front of large groups, belittle them for their mistakes.

3. Bruce Irving

Bruce Irving New Member

oye i shoulda seen that comming sorry u do TKD and i made fun of a Bad school.... yea and my whole point here is to promot muay thai.... bc i talked so much about it all i sed is that i was there with my MT insturctor... jezz calm down and yea i did laugh my ass off when that guy got hit in the face with the board but guess what, thats who i am were all not the same type of person. when ppl fall i laugh o well they get over it and the world keeps on spinning i dont put a stop to anything. sorry for living a life outside of what ur MASTER preaches :woo:

4. JokerFMJ

JokerFMJ Valued Member

I would've laughed just because the instructor was getting so angry, shouldn't he have been being supportive?

5. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

I totally know what you mean, this one day I was cruising this MA board and this muay thai dude came on and totally tried to beat tkd down, but I mean the guys spelling was just scary, I mean it totally proved to me that all muay thai practitioners are brain damaged freak shows with ego's the size of eastern europe and like yeah, I laughed so hard a little bit of pee came out.

To summarise - yawn

6. MarioBro

MarioBro Banned Banned

You are correct in that you are who you are...and that is totally fair.

...but if you think that respect for others is only something learned from ones master...then you have a whole other set of problems to work through.

7. JokerFMJ

JokerFMJ Valued Member

Alright, well here goes my 2 cents:

Bruce Irving was relaying a story he saw that he thought was funny. In my opinion, it wasn't meant to say Muay Thai was better than TKD or anything. He was just saying that for a public demo team, maybe they should've practiced more because they did fairly horrible.

I didn't take it to mean that TKD was horrible or anything, just that the demonstrators weren't up to par.

8. Bruce Irving

Bruce Irving New Member

^^ thank you Arizona man!

9. pulp fiction

pulp fiction TKD fighter

Hahaha, brain damaged, freaks, that was funny.

10. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

lol at the tkd folks getting up in arms over what was hardly a tkd bashing post, just a telling of a story about a tkd club. not once did he say "lolol this means all tkd sucks" or "this obviously shows how much better MT is than tkd"

think this guy sums up the /cry responses

Attached Files:

11. Faminedynasty

Faminedynasty Valued Member

I'm not offended. And I would certainly laugh at anyone who got a board broken on their face, screamed in pain and started bleeding during a demo. That's just good, clean, fun humor.

12. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

Linkin park makes you cry?

13. Cosmo Kramer

Cosmo Kramer Valued Member

im in TKD and didnt take offense to it, i know there are bad schools out there, of prob every MA. and linkin park still gets no respect, i mean they are not great but not awful eaither.

14. Tyranith

Tyranith New Member

Ahahahaha! That picture made my day! Another one to add to my collection...*right click...save as....*

15. Lanakin

Lanakin It's all about discipline

Lol, if I was there, I would have laughed my ass off too, no question. Maybe that'd get them to stop being so lame. Just another school, with reasons to show why TKD is getting such a bad rap.

:woo:

16. Swoop

Swoop Valued Member

It was a funny and interesting story and there was no bashing involved. I think some people are a little to sensitive.

It reminds me of the time I saw a demo by a kung fu "master" who got a glow in the dark stick, turned down the lights and started waving it around like a mad man.

17. MarioBro

MarioBro Banned Banned

You may all be right, and there have not been any other motives...but I doubt it...

Oh and Ikken, in response to your photo insinuation that I might be upset or personally offended...think this sums up the feeling that it was just a sweet story and nothing more...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2005
  18. Bruce Irving

Bruce Irving New Member

wow that was mad corny... lol ur quiet bitter...

19. 2point

2point New Member

I don't see how any martial artist could make fun of any other art, it goes against everything martial arts stand for. I have studied hapkido, kenpo karate, tae kwon do, and a little BJJ and have always said I don't care if your art throws napkins at people I will respect you and your art, that is the philosophy of a true martial artist no matter what your rank is. 2point

20. hux

hux ya, whatever.

The guy sent a white belt and a yellow belt out to break at a demo? Either you're making this up or you stumbled across the worst instructor of any style on the planet.

As for the red and black belts failing to break on first attempt - shrug, it happens. Board breaking isn't as easy as some of yall think it is, even if they don't hit back ;)