I need one of those

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by blackbelt_judoj, Sep 20, 2004.

1. blackbelt_judoj

blackbelt_judoj New Member

Here in the year '04 we have pretty much every gadget we need. Or do we?

Lets use this thread to bring up all those devises that need inventing to make our day that bit more digestable, and if you read about one that already exists then LET US KNOW (why not come up with a few solutions yourself!).

I need a device that stops me maxing out my cards every time i get drunk.

I <oops> you not, last year i got really drunk. I woke up and went to work. On the way home i tried to buy some shoping on my card. It was maxed out!

"How?" i wondered. :confused:

After careful inspection of bank details (ain't on-line banking useful) i discovered that £3,500 had been paid out. A hazy recolection came to me... i had bought a motor bike off my local dealer over the phone whilst drunk! :eek:

Hey, it seamed a good idea at the time! :D

Your suggestion/inventions please...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2004
  2. Stan O'Kella

Stan O'Kella Hmmmmmmmmmmm?

Dude,

what you need is a time release safe, with a 12 hour setting on it. Stick your cards in when you are sober, and for 12 hours even if you remember the combination you cant get at em!! Simple :D

3. Tatsumaru

Tatsumaru Your new God!

give that man a medal! also good if you have irritating sleep-walking relatives/housemates, for 12 hours they are no problem :D

4. blackbelt_judoj

Thats a coooool idea. Only thing is that i'm broke and cant afford a safe. On the plus side, i cant afford any drink either!! :D

5. Stan O'Kella

Stan O'Kella Hmmmmmmmmmmm?

Dude how can you bear to live without drink!!!???? I'm halfway to a night out now, and out tommorrow and Sunday!!! But then nights on Monday so its not all good!! :D

6. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Are you married ?? That will solve the problem...
    You won't be able to go out as much and she'll be the one draining your wallet instead! :D

7. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

isn't that the bloody truth.

Say it from the Mountain top sister, say it from the mountain top!!! :D

However I think everyone needs a car-zapper, get those annoyingly slow/stupid drivers out of your way. :rolleyes:

8. blackbelt_judoj

Am so jeleous!

I've remidied the problem now by becoming a retained fireman!! Loads more cash :D . Unfortunatly I'm on call all the time..... :cry:

....once again i find myself in a position where i can't get drunk! :bang:

Right! New invention needed. Something you can swallow when ****ed that sobers you up immediatley so you can rush off to put a fire out (very specific i know). Any suggestions?

9. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

I need a Noise Zapper.

This is a device, that when aimed at a too-loud car stereo, will vaporize said stereo, thus restoring peace to the neighborhood. Especially handy for dealing with those clueless people who roar through the neighborhood at 2:00 AM with car stereos blasting.

Can also be used on those obnoxious guys who really think that everyone within a twelve-block radius of their home wants to hear their music. Just aim the Noise Zapper at the offending stereo, and ZAP -- gone!

Comes with a special attachment that allows you to rid motorcycles of those annoying exhaust systems whose only purpose is to make the loudest noise possible.

I would have gotten much more use out of this device in my old neighborhood than I would in my current one (was that old neighborhood ever a hellhole!), but there are still a few occasions where it would come in handy.

Inventors, forget about a better mousetrap -- invent the Noise Zapper!

10. blackbelt_judoj

There is already such an invention on the market.....ear plugs! :D

How about something that utilises resonance? If you could play back a sound that is at the exact resonant frequency of the offending speaker then you could cause it to "blow". I don't think that this would work with the motorbike though.

11. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

The resonance thing is an interesting concept!

As for earplugs, I became an earplug expert in my former neighborhood. The greatest noise reduction I could find at that time was 29 decibels (more recently, I've seen ones that reduce noise by 32 decibels), but that's not anywhere near enough for very loud stereos and mega-exhaust pipes. And earplugs do nothing at all to reduce the booming base; they only seem to work on the higher-frequency sounds (I'm referring to ordinary earplugs you can buy in a drugstore; maybe better ones are available to industry).

Back on topic now.

12. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

The greatest noise reduction I could find at that time was 29 decibels (more recently, I've seen ones that reduce noise by 32 decibels), but that's not anywhere near enough for very loud stereos and mega-exhaust pipes. And earplugs do nothing at all to reduce the booming base; they only seem to work on the higher-frequency sounds (I'm referring to ordinary earplugs you can buy in a drugstore; maybe better ones are available to industry).

The best in the industry would be from EAR and they are rated at 37 DBR. You generaly subtract 5 from the rating for fitting. However the car zapper would also work here too-also! :D