i need help i dunno wot to do

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by karatekid, Sep 14, 2003.

1. karatekid

karatekid MOOOOOOOOOOOO

hi
    i am gettin bullied at school.
    i have told the teachers and my parents know.
    ppl have told me too beat em up ppl have told me otherwise. but i dont know wot to do
    please help i need it badly

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

3. craigwarren

craigwarren Valued Member

I got bullied in high school alot. I didnt take up TKD till after that but in most cases i have to say violence is NOT the answer. If someone is making fun of you or even threatening you, then hitting them could make it worse.

Your martial art should do two things in a bullying situation
    1. Give you confidence to handle the situation
    2. Allow you to defend yourself if the situation becomes violent.

Getting in a fight itsnt a smart idea even if you know you could win, bucause the bullies will just get together and you will become an even bigger target.

As Yoda said, speek to someone who can do something. If you cant get satisfactory results keep trying. When my brother was bullied the school didnt do anything until we went to our local MSP and pulled my brother in school and then threatened to go to the local papers. The school soon got their finger out and stopped the bullies.

4. Cain

Cain New Member

If possible make some freinds who will be able to help you, in other words stay in a freindly group whenever possible.

Don't start any kind of fight, it will really worsen things up!

What did your teachers tell you by the way, make sure they take you seriously when you complain to them!

And just try to take it easy as in don't panic or freak out, and don't think those guys are invincible ;)

The link Yoda gave may help you....

|Cain|

5. Helix

Helix New Member

Hey,
    I think just about everyone's been bullied by someone at some time. When it happened to me I told my head teacher and he did nothing to help... he was a bit of an ass.... but when I told my form tutor he was great, he sorted everything out for me.

The moral of the story is: you gotta tell as many teachers as possible, coz not all teachers are good teachers, your bound to find a decent one and they'll help you.

Plus take all the other advice people have posted, it's all good :)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2003
  6. karatekid

karatekid MOOOOOOOOOOOO

i dont wanyt to get in a fight
    that is the last thing i want #
    i want it to stop cos if carries on it is alreadly affecting my concerntration and next year i have got gcse to worry about so i dont wanna be worrying about beoing bullied about that too.
    thx guys
    :)

7. David

David Mostly AFK, these days

Well, you've got loads of good advice here kk. Do all of the suggestions and you should feel better real quick. If ou tell your parents that you're considering childline etc then they might take you seriously and do things for you...

Good luck,
    David

8. Marku

Marku Banned Banned

ive been in this situation KK and i didnt do anything about it for 2 years and i ended up doing pretty bad at exams(i had bad teachers too so that did NOT help...) and only now the wounds(mentally) begin to heal and i dont think about it as much anymore.

The best advice i can give would be to dont let them know they're getting to u, dont show signs of weakness. Make them think they're wasting there time and if they dont get that msg they are obviously very sad people with nothing better to do with there lives. Like the people at my school. Haha what losers.

9. craigwarren

craigwarren Valued Member

He's right.

My bullying only went on as little as 3 or 4 years ago, but now after i had the whole thing sorted out, im doing really well in university, i've got plenty of friends and my lifes pretty good. They on the other hand are working in dead end jobs to earn enough money to pay rent and have enough left to still be drinking on a street corner.

If you can rise above something like bullying you will come out of it twice as strong as you where before and you'll be able to watch your bullies fall by the wayside.

10. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Karatekid - contact the people at that link...

http://www.childline.org.uk/Bullying.asp

They deal with this ALL the time - it's what they do. If you really want this problem sorting out then ring them.

11. Jim

Jim New Member

Let us know how things turn out.

12. teacher

teacher Valued Member

You've got our advice and our best wishes.
    Tell the teachers the details as well, give them something to work with. Do they tend to do it at a particular place or time? If they do and a teacher "just happens along" then they can be nailed and dealt with.
    Best wishes KK.

13. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

and if that doesnt work a good old fashion ass kicking always works. haha. (last resort).

14. 2wirin

2wirin New Member

KK, It is obvious that you have a good head on your shoulder so keep it that way. It is also evident that here are lots of good folks trying to help you out. I really hope that the bullying stops right now but should it happen again, you should try hard to remember details, who, what was done, time, place ,other people around, and include those details in your report (WRITTEN), to your teacher, AND MAKE SURE TO MAKE A COPY OF YOUR REPORT AND HAVE YOUR TEACHER SIGN YOUR COPY AS DULY RECEIVED THEN, GIVE THAT COPY TO YOUR PARENTS, FOR FUTURE REFERENCE, UNTIL SOMEBODY TRULY GIVE THIS THE ATTENTION IT DESERVES.
    Don't lose heart..."pressures makes diamonds."

Last edited: Sep 24, 2003
  15. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Do what yoda says
    My case at school was a particularly bad one, and I can tell you, if the teachers are obviously not prepared to help you, your only and best option is to involve somebody from outside the school.

16. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Yep.. call in Childline. I had a bad time at school also, and the teachers more or less ignored me and my parents complaints. When I fought back, they came down on me for it. The school system is irrational at best, outside help is probably better.

17. Marku

Marku Banned Banned

Schools r just like any country government, they only care about what matters to there image. if theres fights they will stop it because it risks them geting a bad image/complaints, if its minor bullying in classes they dont need to be firm on it and can ignore it until it poses a threat to them. schools can make the most stupidists rules and quietly remove them(like a rule back at my school u werent allowed COATS!)

18. timmeh!

timmeh! New Member

Along with YODA's advice it might be worth having a word with your Sensei and some of the more senior members at your dojo, who will at least be able to provide some thoughts on it and possibly might just happen to want to walk you to or from school on the odd day?
    The posts about the bullies going into dead end lives is true on the whole (management is littered with them...), they've usually got their own problems and need to take off you (usually your fear) to make themselves feel better.
    Ignoring it works to a point and stay calm, the best tool available to you is your mind, your mind is a fantastic instrument for sorting out problems, so if you can be smarter than them by making other friends and/or changing your routines so as not to run into them as much, you'll be surprised at how rapidly they forget about you.

Either way, best of luck,

Tim