I just gotta ask...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Saved_in_Blood, Jun 2, 2013.

1. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

Can absolute zero be obtained?
    From wiki.

It there is some energy, however minimal, then wouldn't true absolute zero be unattainable?

2. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

3. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

A) Scientists eventually come to an evidential consensus as more discoveries are made. This is even true of history. While historians might not see things in black and white, events that are well documented have less room for different perspectives than events that are not well researched.

B) How do you know that your way is best way for you? If someone were present you with a better way for you to maximize your potential would you accept it or not? Most religious people seem unwilling to adapt without significant secular influence.

C) Well for one thing your religion and your adherence to it stops you from maximizing your potential without it. I don't have a religion and frankly I don't want one. So if I want to do something I do it without religious influence on my motivation.

Moreover it is erroneous to equate all belief systems or values with that of religion. Not all belief systems are religions or even religious in nature. Whether or not a particular belief holds one back depends largely on how much one adheres to their beliefs in light of what evidence suggests they may be wrong. I also think that religious people tend to be more certain of their beliefs than atheists are. While religious people often seek to fortify their beliefs, I think that a little bit of uncertainty is invaluable because it allows one to continually evaluate their perceptions with the consideration that they may be wrong. Even Richard Dawkins said that his disbelief is not absolute.