I hate my computer

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by pulp fiction, Aug 4, 2006.

1. pulp fiction

pulp fiction TKD fighter

I hate it. Everytime I try to download images from my camera to my pc it never works. I tried changing the USB cable and it didn't work either. After I start downloading the images a message that says something about a comunication problem with the camera and the USB appears.

I already changed the USB cable, tried it with another camera and it still won't work. I hate it. :bang:

I am afraid that the memory card from my camera is f... up, or my computer. That's even worst.

I just hate my computer and my computer hates me.

2. Guizzy

Guizzy with Arnaud and Eustache

3. prowla

prowla Valued Member

It can sense your hostility, and has adopted a mode of non compliance.

4. Wali

Wali Valued Member

Can you be more specific with the error message?

How are you trying to transfer the images? Via the camera software, or manually with select and drag of the files?

Can you see the camera as an additional drive in Windows Explorer?

5. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

dude you can get a decent brand new pc for 300 bucks damn near anywhere. PONY UP!

6. murphy81

murphy81 GM COMPUTER SERVICES

If you are using the software, then try uninstalling it, and then reinstalling again. Sometimes I find that this does the trick.

If not, try updating your drivers for the camera that you are using, this also helps sometimes, as your computer might not have the required drivers to use it.

If these fail, then could try contacting the camera manufacturer, as there may be a fault with the camera itself

7. prowla

prowla Valued Member

If the camera has a removable memory (SD,CF,stick,whatever), then I reckon you're better off buying a memory reader (you can get a multi-format one for peanuts.
    That way you've removed the dependency between PC and camera, and also don't have to worry about drivers for the camera.
    Also, connecting to the PC uses up battery, so you'll be saving on that.

8. pulp fiction

pulp fiction TKD fighter

I want those new HP notebooks. They are so cool. but unfortunately they are expensive :cry:

I am trying to download the images as I always do. I connect the USB cable to the camera and then to the computer. The camera automatically starts downloading the images to the computer.

This process still works, but after it starts downloading the images then it happens. A communication error between the USB, the camera and the computer.

I will try uninstalling the camera software. Maybe it will work. Anyway on monday I am going to take my camera to a friend that has something to do with computers. I think he is an engineer with something about computers.
    I hope that he finds what is wrong with my camera. :cry:

I still think that my computer hates me.

9. JEEPEE

JEEPEE Valued Member

I have done exactly that,a few days ago.
    i have a new camera and tried it for the first time.
    I had no problems whatsoever.
    What kind of pc do you have ???
    But most of all ,what type of windows do you have ??
    I don't see what the problem can be
    :)

10. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Computers are evil.

The chance of them breaking down is directly proportional to the importance of the material your working on. :D