I don't get nose bleeds. Am I healthy?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by flutterfists, May 1, 2006.

1. flutterfists

flutterfists Valued Member

When someone gets a nice bonk on the nose, it generally bleeds.

Mine doesn't. :D

Is this even normal? I did a Google search and hardly got any results. I've been hit on the nose pretty hard on a number of occasions (by elbows, fists, feet, even knees) and the worse that'll happen is my nose will run and some of the runniness will have a slightly bloody tinge to it.

Is this an indication of a health problem or am I just weird?

Note: If you've seen my water thread, you'll already know I'm weird. :p

Thanks for readin'.

2. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

i dont think its a bad thing. I know guys who never get blood noses even though they are pro fighters (although, anyone who can give a samoan a blood nose deserves a medal, their noses are built FORD tough)

I've only recieved one blood nose that i can remember, after ducking into an uppercut from one of our resident pro fighters. not fun.

3. |MT|omar

|MT|omar Thai Boxer

Maybe you're a cyborg?... kinda like the terminator :p

j/k

Donno what it could be, but i guess you should consider youself lucky.

4. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

My leg hasn't broken. Is it healthy?

5. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

6. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Count yourself lucky. Nothing worse than having to breath through you're mouth because your nose is sparying blood all over the gaff. Makes you easier to ko aswell.

7. flutterfists

That's a little different. . . I thought maybe noses were supposed to bleed after an injury occurs in that region (to prevent weird clotting or something). Legs definitely aren't supposed to be broken, no matter what. At least that's the impression I'm under. :p

8. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Maybe nobody has hit you hard enough yet? :confused:

9. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Lol, yeh, come here and me and freeform will make you bleed ;) :D.

10. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

I wasn't thinking that at all :Angel: :cool: :D

11. flutterfists

Hahaha, do I get a beating for wishing you a happy birthday, Freeform? :Angel: ;)

Symptoms after the injury occurs are pretty typical: Swelling, bruising, runny nose, watering eyes. That sort of thing. Just minus the blood.

12. Achilles

Achilles Valued Member

LOL that was pretty funny

13. GhostOfYourMind

GhostOfYourMind Bewaters lil Iron Monkey

I've been side kicked in the nose, round housed in the nose, and punched in the nose. Still no bleeding (maybe it's my big german nose? ha!). I'm pretty happy about that actually? :confused: :D

14. glenchuy

glenchuy has two left feet

to misquote...

ya got nose of steel...

15. GhostOfYourMind

GhostOfYourMind Bewaters lil Iron Monkey

Just call me.... "the nose" :eek:

16. rex00

rex00 Banned Banned

I've never had a nose bleed either even after sprinting down a hill straight into a brick wall (which i bled from the front of my nose, but not an actual nose bleed). Anyway i think the harder your nose is to bleed, the bigger your genitalia is. :D

17. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

poor flutterfists :cry:

18. Spidi

Spidi Valued Member

I know alot of mates who haven't had a nosebleed in their life, ever. I get them occasionally, when I'm not sleeping enough also. Kinda sucks, can't go into a mosh pit without being worried how long I'll survive without crawling to the toilet. So, you're one lucky *******!

And btw, it has something to do with the veins in your nose.

19. flutterfists

. . . You know, it's moments like these that make me wish I'd kept my gender disclosed to the public. :p

Really now. *checks Google again*

20. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

There is a capilliary/vein in your nose responsible for your the blood flood in the area. In my dads case his is weakened for some reason so they medically cauterized it to stop it bleeding. Generally speaking it just means that particular thing in you is slightly more solid than most. I have only once had my nose bleed from is being hit and that was very minimally.