I don't drink water. Does this affect my workouts?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by flutterfists, Apr 13, 2006.

1. flutterfists

flutterfists Valued Member

Scary stuff.

I've been trying to drink a lot of fluids lately because of it. It started out as a sore throat, then I got the headache, then the general feeling of blah. Then my nose got hit, and now I'm starting to cough. The chest is a bit tight and painful, so I wouldn't be too surprised if I were to be coughing up phlegm by tomorrow morning.

. . . It's actually not all that bad, it's just a cold. :p I'm overly descriptive.

2. Brat

Brat Return of the Brat!!!

Yes and no.

Store bought lemonade: drink never, just like drinking Caffiene Free Coke

Lemonade out of a packet: see above

Home-made: just make it right and it can help rather than hurt. For example, lemon juice is useful in lowering blood sugar levels (although limes are better, being less acidic), add splenda, rather than sugar, and a glass of lemonade a day will keep high blood sugar away. Make it with 3 cups of sugar, and you may as well be drinking candy. or even better, take a fresh key lime, cut it, squeeze it into a bottle of water. I can say from experience and self-experimentation that it is nearly equal to water in hydration level, plus you get the vitamin C.

3. Xpose

Xpose Valued Member

im surprised your not a fatass yet if you never drink water.

4. Stormwatch

Stormwatch New Member

A tip: buy a bottle of pure lemon juice, like Jif lemon, and add some of that to tap water - takes away the tinny taste and it's good for you.

5. prowla

prowla Valued Member

Water is my favourite drink - I like Evian best, and also San Pellegrino fizzy...
    ...after beer, wine, & coffee, of course!

I occasinally do like a hit of coke though (the drink!), especially bottled.
    Champagne ain't bad either.
    And San Pellegrino Arancia (fizzy orange).

A nice cuppa is good too.
    There's a tradition at one of our karate clubs where everybody has a cup of tea (English) after class, and it is just great!

Funny though - I hardly ever drink during karate training, but go to the water fountain several times when at the gym.

6. Xpose

Xpose Valued Member

i like water...ya know, the kind that comes out of the sink.

7. M Lambert

M Lambert Fitness Consultant

Obviously meaning tap... unless you drink that back up of water after you've tried squishing veggie peels down the plug hole and it doesnt work... but thats nasty :D

But yeah I'll join the "drink water" club, especially as somewhere on this forum I saw that apparently it burns upto 100 Calories to drink an ice cold glass of water (Per day not per glass.)

8. flutterfists

flutterfists Valued Member

I've always thought bottled water tastes gross (even more so than tap). I really like the idea of adding a smidget of lemon juice though. I'm gonna have to try that soon.