i do tai chi and i still get sick

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by Touch of death, Apr 21, 2010.

1. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

The misconception for many Chi people is that when they practice it, they believe they are impervious to illness or their immune systems are better. They fall into a state to even if they became ill, usually they blame many things,

They did not pracitice it-or something correctly

They missed a work-out

Something like a food, the weather, the stars, moon, sun caused their Chi to go off balance

Whatever the reason, they out too much faith into it and should realise that it is ok to desire and enjoy somethng, but there is a point where it becomes delusional from becoming a blind zealot.

2. stephenk

stephenk Valued Member

I think it's a koan...

3. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

what is the sound of one sinus being removed?

4. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

"ARGH ME EFFING SINUS!" *plop*

Just a guess :)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  5. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

I don't think that I needed to know that... :)

Have fun.

Robert.
    p.s. Original poster - no western medicine - SHEESH!!!!!

6. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Lol I will get it on video for you :D

7. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Animalistic slurping and human screams, maybe.

[​IMG]

8. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

For this I come back after a bout of pneumonia ?

Food for thought Tod- Cheng,Man-ch'ing began his studies w/Yang,Cheng-fu due to his suffering from tuberculosis. He credited TC w/his recovery.

Adam Hsu's teacher's teacher, a Thunder style -(Chen variant)- practitioner,died of tuberculosis,not at an advanced age.Sorry,I can't recall his name.

So go figure.

TC is not a panacea.Any more than any exercise regimen.And as some have pointed out,allergies can be a whole different ball o' wax.

Good luck in alleviating your problem,whatever foreign substance you decide to introduce into your body for that purpose.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  9. russell-NWFA

russell-NWFA Valued Member

Tai Chi is definitely good for you but nothing is a cure-all. Staying healthy requires good exercise, good food, not over-taxing your body, etc. What does your diet consist of? Also what does your Tai Chi practice consist of?

I credit Tai Chi with significantly improving my health but that's in large part due to the practice leading me to adjust my lifestyle to a healthier range.

Illness still happens no matter how well you take care of yourself. The germs are still out there after all. If we take good care of ourselves and practice regularly then we should be strong enough to get over the illness relatively quickly and easily.

-Russell
    Northwest Internal Arts