Hurt my hand in an attack pretty bad - Normal?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by The Decay of Meaning, Apr 6, 2010.

1. The Decay of Meaning

The Decay of Meaning Valued Member

Two weeks ago there was a guy who attacked me out of nowhere outisde a bar. He adviced me, for no reason in particular, "if you say anything I will give you a beating". I responded, "I don't think that would be a wise decision". Then he slapped me in my eardrums. Okay, so this guy wanted me to not hear the sound of music ever again in my life? The sound of birds singing? The moaning of my girl? Why would a fellow human being do something like this to another man? Why would he try to snap the eardrums of another human being?

His cruelty must be retaliated.

I gave him a right straight on the chin and he got wobbly and went to the tarmac. I walked towards him and threw him down again to the tarmac. Slapping the eardrums is pretty dangerous, so I wanted to make him regret this.

I held him in his hoodie when he was lying down so I could hold him still, and I dropped a right hand bomb right in his face from my standing position, putting all my weight into the punch.

The police arrived on the scene a few seconds later, and they thought the guy was drunk, but he was sober before he attacked me. He was actually dazed the two punches, which was convenient.

They locked the guy in for the night and the police gave him a little beating themselves, but when I came home, I noticed I was actually bleeding from my knuckles. Now I have a hairline fracture in my wrist.

So I was wondering, is it normal to 1. bleed from your knuckles when you punch something in the soft area of the face, and 2. is it normal to get a hairline fracture from punching someone in the soft parts of the face?

In regards to the ear slap, I've got a few nagging and annoying medical problems with it and I need to go to a doctor to check it out. I thought it was going to daze you, and it did for like half a second, but it seems like the after effects of the ear slap is far worse. There is going to be a court procedure out of this.

2. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

the "soft areas of the face" cover the skull, which is hard enough to withstand a baseball bat. your wrist, by comparison, is puny

3. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

props on the court procedure, btw. throw that sucker in jail

4. Shodai

Shodai Valued Member

man thats crazy, mmmm ear slap huh, you never know out there do ya...throw him away

5. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

There is a good reason that there is such thing called "Karate chop". I do hate when people asked me, "Do you still do that chop chop stuff?" My answer to them will always be, "I'll let the gravity and earth to do that for me now."

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  6. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Broken hands are very common when punching bare knuckle.
    Even the soft bits of the face have bone underneath.
    Broken wrist sounds like a problem with wrist alignment when the punch landed (which fair play isn't easy to maintain in the heat of combat).

7. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

The reason that there are more hand injuries now boxers hands are covered with gloves is the fact the head is bloody hard. Years ago in the days of bear knuckle boxing, head shot were not so common.

8. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Train some palm strikes, they come in handy.. no pun intended :D

They are less likely to cause injury to you, and look less aggressive then clenched fists in a defensive posture/fence, as well as on CCTV if it comes to that.

Combined with "short power", can be deployed very effectively from a fence/hand talking.

Good job for dealing the idiot his due's.

9. Stanislovas

Stanislovas Valued Member

10. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Yes and yes. Your hands can bleed from hitting a heavy bag too hard with gloves on.

Hairline fractures are common, I've picked them up in the same way. Get it checked out, it may need immobilising so the fracture heals.

I've had a peforated ear drum from a slap on the ear, its bloody painful. It was months before I could hear clearly in both ears and not have a sloshing sound inside my head. You were lucky he didn't deafen you completey.