http://godaininpo.org/index.htm

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by saru1968, Apr 8, 2006.

1. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

2. xen

xen insanity by design

curious that, no mention of who they are, but apparently, our fees are due through pay pal :rolleyes:

3. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

It's a University Of Michigan club, probably similiar to the one I helped at in Maryland. I wish it gave some background on the instructors.

4. lalom

lalom Valued Member

Does anyone know who these guys are? Is this a new art that has been created, an X-kan, or To-Shin Do? Not real clear from the site.

5. xen

xen insanity by design

that was what i was getting at, i saw the U of M mentioned somewhere, and the site looks to be well put together, but no mention of who the people are behind it or what affiliation the club has always seems weird.

and putting the cash register on the front page never sits well with me.

but i'm guessing saru's alarm bells started ringing with the title incorporating the godai, ne? ;)

6. Shinkuri

Shinkuri New Member

The University of Michigan already has a club and has had one since 1989.

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mza/ninpo.html

These guys have nothing to do with the regular Bujinkan club at U of M which is currently headed by high ranking Shidoshi.
    You would think that given the resources in the area people would know better.
    Isn't Ben Cole in Ann Arbor too?

Live life like a ninja? Geez. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2006
  7. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

'You would think that given the resources in the area people would know better.'

Well it was only posted a couple of hours ago, i fully expect ninja sleep too.

:)

8. Dale Seago

Dale Seago Matthew 7:6

That would be Michael Asuncion if I remember correctly. He's very good.

The belt system these folks use, per their FAQ, makes it clear they have no current connection with the Bujinkan.

Maybe it's a ninpo system that was brought by ancient Japanese seafarers to the Aztecs: It looks like they chip their kanji characters out of obsidian. Yeah, that must be it. . . :rolleyes:

9. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

they shouldnt do as no one uses the godai.

10. lalom

lalom Valued Member

No one. Absolutely no one. :rolleyes:

11. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Homebrew for idiots

Don't they? ;)

12. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

its is old man Rivers

' I would have gotten away with it if it was not for you darn Ninja!'

13. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

My brother's instructor trained with Michael Asuncion. he went up there last summer and trained with them.

14. bencole

bencole Valued Member

Yes, it does not look like it is related to Mike Asuncion's group.

I just emailed the site and asked to come and observe. It can't hurt to take a look and speak to the instructor about his experience.

I'll keep you posted.

-ben

15. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Homebrew for idiots

Ewwww!!!! :eek:

16. snake_plisskin

snake_plisskin Valued Member

This is a deliberately snide comment borne from my day job:

I couldn't help but notice that, under the "etiquette" section, they warn:

"No bear feet!"

Those claws must really gouge the hardwood floors. :eek:

Anyway, it's clearly some university's club, or one apparently targeting them, as seen by their "rate structure" that talks about summer breaks, coming back for semesters, etc. Acccording to what I gather, they outsource instruction and don't have an actual teacher on-site.

And, although I wanted to make some snappy comment regarding their desire to maintain an illness-free training environment ("If you're coughing up great gobs of mucous, don't come to class") and all the "rules" of personal hygeine ("Keep breath fresh and clean"), I suddenly realized more people'd do well to actually follow such "clean clothes" rules.

I've been laid low more than a handful of times by people in my composition classes who, while displaying the admirable quality of "being real troopers", showed up hacking into hands they then used to pass around a sign-in sheet, pen, or due papers--the kind of thing that helps make "cold and flu season" go 'round and 'round. So, at least the godaininpo people got something "right" :rolleyes: ...

--Snake Zulu