Howdy.

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by nytewulf, Jun 15, 2008.

1. nytewulf

nytewulf New Member

I feel quite the odd duck. Technically, I have no official experience in the martial arts. I was doing my own thing outdoors once and was asked what belt I was by someone who does, but I've never pursued it earnestly.

I'm young, almost twenty-four. Almost ten years ago, I tore the interior cartilage in my right knee. They did not catch that until about three or four years ago. I couldn't afford surgery or physical therapy, but it's gotten a lot better since then. About two years ago, compliments of a pair of slippers and a lack of rubber matting, I slipped and did something to my right hip. A few months ago, a doctor diagnosed it Trochantic Bursitis and sent me off with some physical therapy. That has also gotten better. I'm overweight, which doesn't help. The icing on the cake, though, is that I'm a righty, which means my dominant side is lagging behind.

I have terrible sense discipline in some things, but I'm going to change that. I've gotten to the point in my life where I'm rather tired of being deficit. I've pulled down a lot of information over the last year, looking longingly at it all the while. Now, it's time. Weight loss, first. Then more exercise than I have ever done, carefully begun and monitored. It's going to be an awesome journey, though. ;)

Tips and advice are always welcome.