How you train = how you live

Discussion in 'Karate' started by JurassicWarrior, Mar 23, 2004.

1. JurassicWarrior

JurassicWarrior New Member

train well = live well
    train so so = live so so
    train bad = live bad

2. Osu

Osu New Member

I guess the billions of people who don't train at all have a pretty messed up life then. I guess only martial artists have a good life. The other 90% of the world is made up of miserable fools.

If they only knew what we know...

3. SamuraiFire

SamuraiFire Banned Banned

Laaaame

Thats lame. Lots of people are happy without training

4. JurassicWarrior

uh whdayamean?

Us true martial artists know better than to use cellphones all the time(especially at gas stations) because we train. We don't use cells while driving. because we train. We don't get into stupid fights because we train.
    NICE CUBICLE CAN I COME IN?? Gotta make the train. AArrGGHH I'm in gridlock and I'm layin on the horn. I'm busy busy busy carpal tunnel. Some of the things non trainers lose their cool with. or improper trainers as well.
    the best weapon a true warrior can have nowadays is his/her cell. WHEn used properly

5. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

in a way i agree with what you say but IMO MAers only live well because they can find peace through their training and because they learn to control their temper. if an MAer doesnt control their temper it could result in serious injury or death to someone, so that is always at the back of their minds.

6. MichaelV

MichaelV New Member

I read it four times, but I still don't get it.

7. Osu

Osu New Member

I have to say that I also still don't completely get it after reading it a few times...

8. Guerilla Fists

Guerilla Fists New Member

I'm sending this to www.engrish.com.

...may it pleases to do so you

9. Adam

Adam New Member

I don't really understand the profound meaning of the quote Jurassic Warrior. Perhaps you'd care to explain your interpretation of it to one so uneducated as i? :)

10. iolair

iolair Mostly Harmless

Or to paraphrase
    If you put a lot of effort into the things you do, you'll get a lot out of them
    If you put a bit of effort in, you'll get a bit of out of things.
    If you put in no effort, you'll have a pretty poor time.

Obvious, but probably worth stating nonetheless.

11. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I think you need to drop the idea that martial artists are somehow better/clever people than everyone else.

That's simply not true.

12. Shaolin Dragon

Shaolin Dragon Born again martial artist

I think the point he was trying to make was that how hard we train is a reflection of how we are in real life. For example, someone who puts a lot of effort into training is likely to be a more contientious person in everything he does. Someone who never bothers to train (because he doesn't feel like it rather than time constraints) is more likely to be a lazy person who doesn't give anything in life 100%. Sort of makes sense in a way, but only to a point.

13. Osu

Osu New Member

I think Jurassicwarrior is trying to be misterious. The Yody/mr.Miyagi kind of thing.
    I agree with Kgirl that I sense a feeling of superiority from JW towards non-MA'ists, but I think he brings it in a funny way :D

14. pug32

pug32 Valued Member

I thought this bit was sarcasm :D

15. aml01_ph

aml01_ph Urrgggh...

An actual case of elitist thinking. What is a "true Martial Artist" anyway?

16. JurassicWarrior

us

A true martial artist is someone who does the best they can regardless of anyone else. or anything else.

17. SamuraiFire

SamuraiFire Banned Banned

So an carpenter who worked really hard wouldn't get these benefits as well? I don't think i'm better than anyone because I do martial arts. And doing martial arts must have SOME bad effect on you. For instance ruining any martial arts film you watch for everyone by saying how thats wrong, this is too fake etc

I still get stressed at things like being stuck in traffic...i don't see how martial arts training will help that.

I prefer
    "train hard, fight easy...."

18. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

JurassicWarrior = the new Plato.

Genius.

:woo:

19. JurassicWarrior

I'm referring to martial artists. not carpenters. BTW, most people I know critizise modern MA flicks. The old ones are better. Carpenters would probably get these benefits too. I'll have to ask one sometime.

20. Radok

Radok Love myself better than U

Hey Iolair, how's Gunnlan coming? Thinking about making a school yet?