How to frustrate and infuriate other posters

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Kat, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Kat

Kat Valued Member

Here's some usefull sayings to keep in the back pocket.

Are you always right!Always get the last word in!

Try these to keep others in Check.

It is much more complicated then that.

You obviously don't know "all the facts".

I understand,but (they he she it them that farm animal over there)are biased.

Throw in a tone of condescention and you will infuriate everyone.

2. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

You left out 'we could go on and on with this stuff', 'you obviously lack the experience and maturity', 'My name is **** ****'...

3. SoKKlab

SoKKlab The Cwtch of Death!

Just post stuff,
    This is often enough....

4. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

5. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Okay....from my own experiences on forums in general, here is what I've found to be what infuriates and frustrates both posters & mods:

Post that one style is better than all others
    Ask a question that has been asked more than a dozen times before
    Post that a certain style is totally ineffective for self defense
    Post with poor grammar especially when it come to spelling martial art styles or terms
    Post that traditional martial art methods are outdated
    Post that no one should be a black belt under the age of 18
    Posting the question "what is the best martial art?"

... Oh and a personal fav
    Post that women should not be in the martial arts!!!
    :woo:

6. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

I agree with you KickChick, especially with that last one (does anyone here actually hold that outmoded view?) The one thing that doesn't bother me is the poor grammar; I know there are people here with varying levels of proficiency in the English language. If I were trying to write in another language, I can only imagine all the grammar goofs I would make! :)

7. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

That may be well and true for those who English is not their first language, but other wise I have to agree with Kick Chick. It takes but a minute to check your spelling and grammar. I can forgivr a 10 year old, but someone in High School or already out should be ashamed of themselves.

8. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

"women should not be in the martial arts!!! "... "(does anyone here actually hold that outmoded view?) "

well, I sure wouldn't want to see the women's Sumo championship!!!!

9. Kinjiro Tsukasa

"well, I sure wouldn't want to see the women's Sumo championship!!!!"

I would -- really! As it is, we're lucky if we get men's Sumo on the telly even once a month here.

10. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

If 'm going to be watching 300+lbs of female... I hope its at least 2 seperate women!

Actually I have no idea if there even is a women's sumo or if they are as huge as the men... just making funny!

11. Kinjiro Tsukasa

I saw some web sites on female sumo, with photographs. I'm not sure if it exists now, or just existed in the past. In any event, the women were not nearly as big as the men, and wore something like a swimsuit under the traditional sumo garb.

Is this now getting even more off-topic than the thread location would indicate? If so, does that infuriate other posters? :D

12. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Most often threads take a turn into a different direction (sometimes derailing entirely).... but thats where we moderators come in to save the day!!:D ... ok save the thread i mean!

Maybe someone would like to begin a thread on Sumo Female Wrestling?? ;) (pros & cons that is...)

So any other frustrations we would like to add.. so that we can't keep infuriation levels low!:)

13. Bon

Bon Banned Banned

when people like KickChick post on threads! ;):D

14. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

15. thiaboxr2

thiaboxr2 New Member

One of the questions I get tired of is; "What style should I take?"

or "Is there a school in my area?" withou listing their location.

Or the all time question;"What is Jeet Kune Do?" Or some question concerning it. Is it a style or concepts and theories?

Is this effective?

Will this work?

What would you do if.....? questions

Ive been training for 2 months, I dont see any improvement. how come?

When can I compete? ( ask your....teacher? )

just some questions I came accross here in this forum.

16. Wearing Grey

Wearing Grey New Member

What really gets my goat is when someone asks a question because they simply do not know something

Then when they get an answer (usually correct) the same person who asked the question says something to the effect of

"You do not know what you are talking about"

Happens in real life to, not just on the board. Makes me want to beat them on the head and be like "Wheres the intelligence!!??!"

WG

17. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

What gets me is when you get some Virtual Tough Guy (VTG) who's been training for only a few months in some pansy club, who then proceeds to tell EVERYONE else on the forum that they could kick their butt.

The "girl's can't do MA like we can" arguement annoys me as well.