How to deal with Aggressive person - So called boxer

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Hatto7065, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

You could pull a DeNiro and bite part of the guys cheek off :)

2. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

If somebody looks like a decent boxer, learning how to shoot in (wrestling) really fast at a mid-long range distance while covering your head would probably be the safest method of engagement as well as the most surprising to the opponent. It's harder to switch your mind to punching down, and even if they do you have your arms up by your head to defend until the grabbing point and their legs are wide open. You should also be able to recover and angle yourself to a better position quickly in case you miss the initial shoot because the other guys footwork is phenomenal.

3. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

^if you want to learn how to do a mean shoot from a guy that hated to get hit in the face. Watch MARK KERR's first 15 fights

lead with you strong leg. If you are right handed shoot from a 'southpaw' position if you will

4. Hatto7065

Hatto7065 New Member

I just wanted to pop back in and say thank you to all those that commented.

Since the incident and speaking to people on here I got an itch to learn more about boxing and try my hand at it a little more. Since then I have been doing reading on the subject and watching videos on-line from what people tell me is a good coach called Fran Sands who has videos on youtube on many of the basics.

I have also been sparring with a friend of mine who has fought a few mma fights and comes from a boxing background. Since taking more of an interest in boxing I have tried and practised some of the basics and have noticed that I feel more comfortable using my hands and sparring has become much easier.

I dont fear standing toe to toe as much as I used to and don't seem to be as glove shy as i used to. Thanks again to all those that commented and shared their experience and advice. Im moving away within the next month but once i settle again im planning on joining the nearest mma gym and going to try and get in shape to compete.

Thanks again and I plan on diving into this forum a little more to I can get a little better knowledgeable on boxing :)

5. hardball

hardball Valued Member

Side Note

Just be aware that bare knuckle hurts a lot worse than gloves;even 4 oz gloves. Good luck on your mma career.

6. Saved_in_Blood

Broken knuckles suck too though

7. Saved_in_Blood

Sounds good, so you got something out of a bad experience which is great. Remember however that if you have been doing MT for a long time which I recall you saying, that you have a VERY destructive art that can be used. I'm not telling you at all to pick fights, but the very best thing you could do is what you are doing with sparring. Spar with boxers and use your own art as well as boxing so that you can learn where to use your elbows and knees in close quarters combat.