How much You squat?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by JKD_forever, Dec 13, 2004.

?

How much can You SQUAT?

1. < 100 lb -.....

10.1%
  2. 100 lb - 150 lb

9.1%
  3. 151 lb - 190 lb

13.1%
  4. 191 lb - 230 lb

19.2%
  5. 231 lb - 270 lb

14.1%
  6. 271 lb - 310 lb

6.1%
  7. 311 lb - 350 lb

7.1%
  8. 351 lb - 390 lb

4.0%
  9. 391 lb - 430 lb

7.1%
  10. > 431 lb - WOOHOOO!! I'm a beast

10.1%
  1. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

Man, I though my squatting was impressive. My max is 265lbs. I weigh about 180.

2. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Me to :eek:

I weigh 220 and thats what I squat!

Its like having someone my own weight sat on my shoulders and thats a fair bit. I think it'll take a couple more years of training to get upto 400!

3. Colucci

Colucci My buddies call me Chris.

Very nice numbers Mai Tai. What's your weight class?

Am I the only one who thinks it's sad that more people say they're squatting over 430, than say they squat under 100? Of course, I'm hoping we're not falling into the "online number inflation" trick. If everyone's truly honest, we've got some serious powerhouses among us.

Come on, all you superbeasts, make sure you're sharing the wealth, and spreading your advice around where it's needed. :woo:

4. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

I do have a point - I think if you can squat 400lbs and never train it, then you are either lying or doing a lot of other heavy resistance exercise.

5. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

Where's that OWNED picture with that guy kicking that other guy in the head when you need it? :D

6. Noontidal

Noontidal Popeye

It wouldn't apply. I mentioned I do other exersizes, just not squating as exersize as it doesn't fit my purposes. And if you really want to get into the deal of, oh, you can't believe anything anyone says over the internet, this topic loses any point. I answered honestly, and I even provided some explanation. :woo:

7. blessed_samurai

Noontidal, I was kidding.

8. harhar

harhar I hate semaphores

what I dont understand is why squats dont fit your purposes. I cant think of any sports or MA that wont benefit from squats.

9. Nick K

Nick K Sometimes a Valued Member

You can add me to the 'beast' list. Unfortunately my squat is more at the squirrel or possibly marmoset than ox end of the squatting spectrum, but I'll work on it as my knees get better.

10. Ad McG

First of all, squatting is beneficial to every single athlete the world over! Seriously, it really is. Just because it isn't exactly the same movement does not mean that it doesn't develop fantastic strength and co-ordination. There are various concepts involved here but there is no point in explaining them - just know that squats are one of the best exercises that anyone can do in the gym.

Explanation? Where? You said you squatted 400lbs a couple of times and you never train it - to be this is not an explanation, it is complete crap. If you don't squat regularly for a long time, you won't be able to squat 400lbs for 2 reps by just jumping under the bar. If you can offer some sort of explanation as to how this is possible, then I will consider believing you.

11. Radok

Radok Love myself better than U

If you have squatted over 400, nice job! What knee injury did you have?

12. harhar

harhar I hate semaphores

It has to be the ROM lol ;)

13. stallion8797

stallion8797 New Member

420... but only cause that's what I compete in.

14. Colucci

uh...ok. :confused:

15. #1 Stutta

#1 Stutta The New Boot

I read on here that Yoda could squat 4 times his weight. But that was about a year ago or so when I read it. Was that true?

16. Maverick

Maverick New Member

I doubt it mate, lol.

17. Colucci

I'd probably say not. But, the Star Wars Yoda could probably lift 4 times his weight...by using the force.

If you can remember where you saw him say it, try to post the link.

18. blessed_samurai

Oh no no...Yoda is strictly a benching and bicep guy. But when he does the occasional leg work, it's straight to the leg extension and calf machine. :D :D :D

19. Ad McG

Well I know he wasn't that heavy at the time and could squat in the 600s (mid I think), so it's easily 3x, possibly 4x bodyweight.

20. nForce

nForce Banned Banned

thats immense, 650lbs for someone whos only like 170-200lbs, how long he been trainining for? or is he just a genetic freak