How much is too much home defense?

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by NeonxBurst, Aug 9, 2004.

1. NeonxBurst

NeonxBurst 1st Black

I'd tell you if I knew, but unfortunately all I know is he did alot national security.

2. Kenpo Kicker

Kenpo Kicker New Member

I'm enough to protect my home :). I got blunt objects laying around. Got a pistol and some knives.

3. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

I have a grill ... you're pretty much safe in my neck of the woods - unless you go walking around at 3 in the morning.

4. MattN

MattN Valued Member

Yeah, just wait till those burglars start saving up for tanks and attack helicopters.......then what?!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2004
  5. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Guys, Guys, Guys!!!

Stop everything, i have just had a look in his profile, he has only just turned 14!! i suddenly smell something in the air, what can it be, oh, it must be BS!

6. MattN

MattN Valued Member

Now now, that's assuming all 14 yr olds are total liars. I should take offense to that but it might be true in this case; you should give us kids some credit though.

7. Kenpo Kicker

Kenpo Kicker New Member

I'll buy myself a nice type 79 anticraft-antitank missile and launcher:) [​IMG]

or a BGM-71 TOW missile
    [​IMG]

That will show them! :woo: /scarface on "say hello to my little friend" /scarface off

Last edited: Aug 10, 2004
  8. NeonxBurst

NeonxBurst 1st Black

You think I'm full of BS do you?

9. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Shoot, at the house I'm staying in, the only valuables are in the liquor cabinet. I'd be more upset about losing my MA stuff than anything else.

10. Hapkido

Hapkido New Member

if this is actually true you think your dad would want you to go spreading this around the internet?

i love people like you.

11. kenpoguy

kenpoguy The Last Dragon

reply...

There are lots of X govt officals around, and chances are it gets out. Dont think hed want it posted on the net, but it could happen. :confused: Oh and greg its not BS that you smell in the air by the way. Its the contents of the toilet that i had mentioned :D

12. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Yep i think your full of crap,

I would think you have just made your dads chance of survival slimmer by telling everyone about it, why not get a sign above your house saying he lives there!!

If you were my kid i would cut your internet off, if someone knows where you live you have just told them about your fathers securit, how absurd!!

MattN, apologie for the generalisation, i saw his age and thought "DING DONG" someone been watching too many films, i know all youngster are not like that but some do go a bit over the top.

13. Guerilla Fists

Guerilla Fists New Member

Are you serious? Now correct me if I'm wrong but unless you were a hefty 7 year old I imagine the kick back alone would nearly dislocate your arm or snap your elbow.

Home made napalm? I am intrigued...how does one make home made napalm? Please don't say styrophome and gasoline, everyone's read the anarchist cookbook.

14. kenpoguy

kenpoguy The Last Dragon

reply...

take it easy everyone. :woo: First off, lets think realisticly. He probably shouldnt have said anything but view it this way. Who knows who he is? who knows what his name is? who knows what his fathers name is? And much less who in the world knows what his father did? An X security agent could have had one of virutally millions of jobs. And pardon me if im mistaken, but I dont think osama bin laden is reading this thread :D And if on one hand he does happen to be reading this. :woo:

15. Kenpo Kicker

Kenpo Kicker New Member

Rofl, and many other home made stuff of destruction. Man ppl will tell ya how to make napalms in middle school (least when I went) . I doubt a father would tell his son if it is that important for his safety.

16. NeonxBurst

NeonxBurst 1st Black

I have enough common sense to know if my dad'd be in danger if I put this on the internet. And Greg if you didn't live in the UK I'd challenge you to break into my house and if you survived you could apologize publicly on MAP for your lack of trust in us "kids". And yes I was a pretty big kid at seven. I weighed in at about 80 lbs. Also the napalm..... I'm not sure if I should display that on MAP.... could be a little dangerous for us kids, aint that right Greg?

-NeonxBurst

17. Kagebushi

Kagebushi New Member

well, its buried so far in the closed he most likely wouldnt remember it was there. either way, he knows how to shoot, and wouldnt be likely to try to use it even if he did remember it. he didnt get it for defense in the first place, i dont think, otherwise it would be accessible, knowing him. i think he just got it to target shoot every once in a while, but as far as i know, it's never left the box.

18. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

I'm in the UK.

Did I read somewhere that if you go 'over the top' with home security, e.g barbed-wire, broken glass on top of walls, etc. and a burglar injured themselves trying to break in, that they would have a valid case to sue you. :confused:

Anybody else in the UK know this?

19. MattN

MattN Valued Member

Dont worry about it, I was just bringing up a half-hearted defense to my comrade in age.

20. Judderman

Judderman 'Ello darlin'

Yup, thats true. Was told that we weren't allowed to use razor wire below a certain level.