How much does it cost to become a black belt at your club?

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by johntm, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Please can you elaborate - is this something new?

2. maestro_may

maestro_may Valued Member

pre grading is kinda like a coloured belt grading. you do the stuff you would do in black belt grading but you arent officially graded, then you are told whether it is likely you'l pass or not so you dont blow loads of money on grading and you are told on points to work on between tthen and the grading :)

3. STKDH

STKDH Valued Member

ok i like the justification for that but surely you see its another £10 for the sack of lining your instructors pocket. If your not ready or need to work on something your grading then you should be told in your classes not pay extra for something you're already paying for :)

4. maestro_may

you have a good point however, my instructor is a 3rd dan black belt.. our grading master and her instructor is an 8th dan, the 8th dan has ALOT more experience and can pick things out that others probably wouldnt notice.

think of it this way, would you rather pay £10 or £150 plus 400 miles in fuel, hotel ect... to find that you wouldnt pass BB grading? ...

5. STKDH

STKDH Valued Member

good point as well but just to carry on the convo..... should your instructor be teaching if higher are pulling you say to say you would fail, surely your instructor should know that you are BB material :)

6. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Maestro May, is that £10 assessment done by Lisa or Mr Walton?

7. maestro_may

they are just trying to make you the best you can be. you have to understand that nerves can completely change the way someone performs in a grading so therefore your club instructer cant really say for sure- as the surroundings are not the same.

the assesment is done by Mr Walton.. you dont HAVE to do it but it is prefered for students to do it.

8. STKDH

STKDH Valued Member

well as a student i can see then benifits of this idea and for the sack of a tenna probably worth the money. As being an instructor i can see the advantages to this and may try something similar :)