How Much Do You Squat??

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Stan O'Kella, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Stan O'Kella

Stan O'Kella Hmmmmmmmmmmm?

After all the other "how much" threads thought I'd stick this one on! I did a search and couldnt find an already present one so I started it!!

Note to mods, if there is one and I missed it please feel free to delete this one, thanking you!

Today I mostly squatted 140kg/308 lbs for 6 reps, not atg but to just past parrallel.

2. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

I usualy do 350lb again just past paralel, 3 x 7 reps, I have done 5 x 500 lbs but it was a while ago, and will be again (as soon as my bursitis clears up I will start pushing myself again).

3. Pobeli

Pobeli Valued Member

I've done 218 ATG, but only for 1 rep.

4. Kwan Jang

Kwan Jang Valued Member

My best was three years ago, I did 805 lbs for two reps. The first was a little tenative and just below parallel, the second I was more confident and went all the way down in the hole(atg). I probably could have got 5-6, but I had accomplished by goal and felt it wise to quit while I was ahead. I now will squat 600 for 6-10 reps every four weeks. I have also done 500 for 20 reps. (Have I ever mentioned that I LOOVVE squats and they are by far my favorite excersise? I may be more talented with other lifts, but I just really enjoy the feel of a bar bending across my shoulders).

5. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

Not sure if I should post after Kwan Jang
    Front-310X1
    Zercher-340X1
    back-275X12
    Overhead-225X1
    Haven't hit a heavy back squat in awhile.

6. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

back 330x1
    front 260x1
    OHS 145x1 (i refuse to believe any more is physically possible! :p)

all figures in lbs and ATG.

7. TheMachine

TheMachine Valued Member

at a weight of 140 I did 285 yesterday and did this barefoot and below parallel

8. harhar

harhar I hate semaphores

Back 275 x 3
    Front 245 x 3
    Overhead ?? (does a 185 snatch count?)

All squats done with 2-3 second pause at bottom (full squats.. I kinda just sit there lol). Ya thats right Im a weakling.

9. redsandpalm

redsandpalm shut your beautiful face

405lbs for three (below parallel), done at a body weight of 179lbs last Nov.

Haven't been able to squat heavy for a while though.

10. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

Okay, noob here. :)

90Kg (200lb) for 5X5. I'm still slowly working up to my maximum though, so I'm probably capable of a little more.

11. Stan O'Kella

Stan O'Kella Hmmmmmmmmmmm?

Thought I'd bang on my progress to finish my thread off, thought i was under selling myself a little so tried a bit more weight.

352 lbs 3x6.