How many people have actually been in a real fight?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by lucas2411, Feb 25, 2005.

1. lucas2411

lucas2411 New Member

I want to know how many people on this website have actually been in a physical fight or had to defend themselves against an attacker? :rolleyes:

2. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

Many many times :bang:

I just dont get why people pick fights with me, Im ther most placid person I know....unless you tangle with me that is, them I'm :evil:

:D

3. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

once. which is why I train for the sport, not out of some paranoid motivation against ze german invaders.

4. Kris x

Kris x :-p

I have.......I'm cursed.

5. justinksw

justinksw Valued Member

No fight here yet - you never know though. I wouldn't say I'm paranoid, but I wouldn't mind pushing the advantage to my corner if the occasion ever came up. I train mainly to get in better shape and give me something to focus all my energy on.

Besides, it's fun! :D

6. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

have been attacked when I was doing judo (teenager) many times,

since I've done kungfu (over 20) only once,

I've manged to talk myself out of many fights, when there hasn't been a lippy friend of a friend with me :bang:

7. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Too many times. I think getting old has mellowed me a bit though and I haven't had one for quite a while now

8. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

I've been in alot of fights. I look like a hard nut, but really im an easy going guy.

9. NaughtyKnight

Then why do you hate sport TKD so much?

10. Yossarian75

Yossarian75 New Member

Several times, mainly by drunk guys(one bouncer). Nothing too serious, few punches and its all over. I used to be very good at talking myself out of these things but now I find I am more likely to throw a few punches and run.

11. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

apart from the fact that they so often try to market it as more than a sport, it is painful to watch. olympic tkd is why so many non MAists take the **** out of martial arts, the ruleset is just over the top.

I quite like some of the ITF footage i see though, without hogus etc and moe emphasis on doing damage, not just endless roundhouse combos

12. NaughtyKnight

You have been watching too much Olympics.

Get yourself some vids of Korean WTF comps, there very good, there more like how us average competitiors fight

ITF is good, I enjoy watching it.

13. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

A couple of times when I worked on the doors, once or twice when I was a squaddie, and a good few times when I was growing up. Have not had a real stand up then roll around for years, I have shoved someone flat on their back about a year ago when they kicked off and I could not run away because I had less able people with me, If you do it right you can wind them at the same time, that is the last warning someone gets from me before I let the bad Dougie out his kennel.

14. TwIsT

TwIsT Son Of Odin!

Heaps, i dont go looking for fights but i'd be lying if i said i didnt like to fight, i'm not stupid, i just like fighting, i try to talk people down though.

15. johndoch

johndoch upurs

I've had my fair share. Not recently though

16. shotokanwarrior

shotokanwarrior I am the One

Ikken Hisatsu, what are hogus?

I have been in one really vicious fight, some playground fights when I was younger, that's it.

17. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

Good palm strikes to the centre mass :D

And I figure thats enough warning too, normally accompanied by a blood curdling scream that polites says they should pack up and go home :p :D

18. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

A few fights, and have been attacked a few times...

19. Timmy Boy

Timmy Boy Man on a Mission

I've had to fend off rude boys many times!

20. randall

randall New Member

same here, colchester is full of the little scrots.