How many of you have been to Thailand, and want to go back?

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by Singto Laaw, Sep 15, 2004.

1. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Good one Naughtyknight,i just got back 2 days ago(bali and slipped into thailand for a week)and im missing it already! :)

2. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

I wanna go to Thailand.........

Fishing, good food, hot sun and lots of training. :)

Although I don't like the idea of people putting drugs in my backpack......

3. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Lets go back dude. Like right now!

4. NaughtyKnight

That was Bali. You would be able to pay your way out of jail in Thailand ;).

5. NaughtyKnight

Bro, with the almighty pound, you would need sweet sod all.

Training at Phuket Muay Thai will cost you around 6000-10 000 baht including accomodation per month. Its around 80 baht to the pound. Siwit MT is even cheaper, and probably the best mt in Phuket.

Food is dirt cheap if you know where to eat. Eating at one of the local's restaraunts will cost you around 50 baht per meal. A big plate of fried pork, beef, sea food, fried in garlic and chilli with steamed rice and 2 eggs is around 30 baht.

A motor bike will cost you around 2000-4000 baht per month, depending on the model.

Set aside around 2000 baht for every night you plan to go out. That will get you drunk, and a girl.

I dont know how much flights would be from the UK, but I seriously doubt flights to thailand would set you back much.

Go during low season and you will save a heap of money. You will also have more fun, because everything wont be over packed.

6. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

Where is Bali? I had a look on the map and I can't find it.

7. NaughtyKnight

8. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

Found it.

9. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Come on Naughtyknight lets go back,a couple of nights in bkk, then of to phuket,then go north to chiang mai,what you think bro,beer changs,phad thai and pad work,oh purrfect :)

10. NaughtyKnight

A few of the girls in Thailand wanted me to go up north to Chang Mei with them. There is an amazing resort there. I'll be down. Get some Chang and Singa in us ;). When we want to go budget, coke samsong style. :cool:.

11. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

He he we got the same taste bro,saeng sorm and cola ahh arroy,see ya there! :)

12. Smee

Smee Evil kung fu genius

awwwwwwwww stop it!!! you're bringing back good memories and putting me off my work........

I'm heading back to Phuket on 9th September for 3-5 months. Cant wait.

I'm going to Sinbi muay thai. Was there in April/May and the training is really good. Suwit is up in Chalong isnt it? Is it any good?

Hope to head up to Chiang Mai as well at some point.

Saeng sorm and coke.....heh heh heh

Smee

13. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Nice one Smee,join the we are all going back to thailand MAP group,book a plane for us all and we wont come back just stay there in the sun,sounds good eh! :)

14. Chris Banks

Chris Banks Valued Member

Thinking of going to Thailand in September and doing a weeks training in Chiang Mai before heading South to chill out (& and maybe do a little more training). :D

Can anyone recommend a good camp in Chiang Mai?

15. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Hi Chris Chay Yai camp are a very good camp in Chiang mai :)

16. Chris Banks

Chris Banks Valued Member

Cheers FireCobra,

Do you know if it is best to get in contact with camps before you leave or can you just turn up and train?

17. NaughtyKnight

Suwit is probably the best camp in Phuket, followed closely by Phuket Muay Thai. Its not just the best training, but they are ALOT cheaper than Rawai and Sinbi. Sinbi is ALOT better than Rawai, but costs the same and why pay 10 000 baht a month, when you can pay 4000-6000.

Tiger is VERY good. It has a great set up and the training is amazingly structured. Its on the other end of the spectrum compared to Rawai which is a mass of unorganised bag hitting. They also have a world class BJJ trainer.

Stay away from Saeng sorm... crazy loopy juice...

18. NaughtyKnight

Its always better to get in contact with the camps, especially if you are going to stay on site. If you are going to get accomodation near the camp and just train there, then you can just turn up.

19. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Chris,www.chiangmaimuaythai.com is the website for chay yai camp.also they have free transport from thapae gate(the chay yai office) to the camp and back,good luck :)

20. Smee

Smee Evil kung fu genius

Cheers Naughtyknight

I'm there for a few months and do some bjj/grappling here at home so will definitely be doing some time at Tiger anyway.

I visited Phuket gym last time I was there and it looked ok. I'll definitely check out Suwit gym when I'm there.

Smee