How many Forums?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Andy Murray, Apr 5, 2003.

?

How many forums do you subscribe to?

Poll closed Jan 30, 2004.
  1. I only have eyes for MAP!

12 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. MAP is my main forum, but I use another too.

15 vote(s)
    38.5%
  3. Map is my main forum, but I use another 5ish.

2 vote(s)
    5.1%
  4. Map is my secondary forum.

2 vote(s)
    5.1%
  5. Map is in my top 3 forums.

5 vote(s)
    12.8%
  6. Map is in my top 10 forums.

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

How many MA forums do you guys visit regularly?

Is there anything you don't get on MAP, that makes you look elsewhere?

2. Cain

Cain New Member

Use dragonslist along with MAP, just 'cause I like a larger community :)

MAP's my main one

PS - You are not going to hurt me for that Andy are you? ;)

|Cain|

3. Telsun

Telsun Valued Member

I didn't know that there are other forums for martial artists? That's it I'm off!!:D

Seriously if I spent anymore time on forums than I already do on this one I would never get anything done. :rolleyes:

4. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

hmm DL and MAP are my Main ones...
    other place i lurk around but rarely posts(like MTalk, Cyberkwoon, or KFO)even i hav stopped lurking around...
    -TkdWarrior-

5. morphus

morphus Doobrey

I've never felt like this before about any forum, there is no-one else i promise!:love:

6. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

I visit 14 forums on a daily basis - but MAP is my No1 by a long way :D

7. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

I tried a few other forums before finding MAP, but the posters on those weren't as intelligent or as articulate or as educated as the people here. When I partake of a serious discussion it turns me off when it becomes a flame war or degenerates into name calling.
    I LOVE YOU GUYS !!!

8. Jim

Jim New Member

I mainly visit this but I also go to Budoseek for instructor Q & A. That's the only thing that I don't really get here (no offence). They seem to have a lot more instructors there but on the downside not much in the way of a sense of humour.

9. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

>>They seem to have a lot more instructors there but on the downside not much in the way of a sense of humour.<<
    oh well i agree with u :)
    -TkdWarrior-

10. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

I spent nearly 2 years of my life being "loyal" & monagamous to only one martial art forum... and like a lying cheating mate it done me wrong!!:mad: (Hell hath no fury like a scorned martial art forum member!!)

(I "met" MAP nearly a year ago) I thought to myself :cool: .... I'm gonna come back to this one one day and spend more time with MAP if it doesn't work out with that "other" forum. Back then there weren't quite as many TKD members but that has changed considerably.
    Also my other interest is health & fitness (I'm glad to see Yoda here!) ... hope I can help out ocassionally here :)

I am keeping my "options" open for now.... playing the field of martial arts forums... until I feel I can give myself exclusively again to one forum :love: ;)

But I must say.... MAP has my attention for now!!!

11. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

MAP! RAH RAH!

The only forum I regularly look at, sometimes skim through SFUK and Aikiweb. Most forums I've looked at go like this

"My styles the best"

"No, mine is"

"Well, I killed 12 men last night"

"Pah! I killed 13!"

"I challange you to a deathmatch, come to my club whenever you tire of life!"

"But I'm on the other side of the Atlantic!"

"A pathetic excuss!"

So on and so forth.

C:)L

12. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

Holy Cheetos, Batman!

I have 13 web-based forums that I visit each day. One of them, though, is my school's forum, has very low activity, and doesn't really count. So I visit 12 web-based forums pretty much each day.

Then I've got another 30 or so that I deal with via e-mails. Some of those are almost completely dead and others are generally pretty busy.

MAP is definitely in my top 3, though, for general MA discussion. The other 2 that are in my top 3 would be MartialTalk and the third slot kind of rotates between several others depending on the day. But MAP and MT are the top 2 that I'm on ... and, really, they're the among the best I've ever seen (and I've been active in the internet MA community for about 10 years).

There are some other forums I visit that are very good, but they're pretty geared toward specific systems (like the discussion boards at sayoc.com).

Mike

13. mattsylvester

mattsylvester One proud daddy!

I use this one to catch up the thoughts and trends and, since I started it, the PMA one as well :D.

I haven't found many others although CanAm looks like it could be promising.

MAP is the most populated one I've seen around!

14. KarateKid1975

KarateKid1975 New Member

I go to 7 forums (I created one). three TSD forums, one TKD (One I created), and the rest "general MA" (includes MAP). Oh and one NY chat thing. So it's 8.

15. Sweeet

Sweeet Valued Member

My #1 Forum would have to be philosophyforums.com without comparison. It's a fantastic forum, and I've been with it since it's infancy, I'm good friends with the owner/admin - so it's hard to compete with that.

For martial arts (my other love!) MAP definitely takes the cake! There are a few other MA forums I occasionally peruse - but 95% of my MA forum time is spent on here. Certainly this is in my opinion the 'best' forum.

The other ones I occasionally look at are the forums at www.mcdojo.com and about.com's martial arts forum (think I saw pesilat there? :p).

My other favorite forum would have to be sciforums.com which is also an excellent forum.

Above all, I'd recommend MAP and my home forum Philosophyforums (I'm 'Distortion' there and at sciforums, btw).

16. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

Yup. That's one of the bezillion that I'm on. I don't do a lot there. Just kinda meander around there on occasion.

Mike

17. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I go on MAP and a couple of small Kyokushin forums. The only reason I go to them is because depsite there being millions of people around the world who practice Kyokushin, it seems like there's only about 10 of them that have PC's! :D Kyokushin people on the net are few and far between (its cos we're always in the dojo, honest!). Specific style discussions aside though, I love it here, its my number one place