How many forum members does it take to change a lightbulb?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Ghost Frog, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Shortfuse

Shortfuse King of Hearts

candles never work on the street

fluoresant lights are the future

2. Serpico

Serpico New Member

It's not about how you change the bulb, it's about how the bulb changes you.

3. surgingshark

surgingshark Valued Member

So what do you guys think is better, the Tungsten Light Bulb Federation (WLF) or the Fluorescent Lamp Association (FLA)?

4. Shortfuse

Shortfuse King of Hearts

FLA rules

5. Lanakin

Lanakin It's all about discipline

I like the lightbulb company. Especially the one that sells the good ones.

I like the Bi-Mart lightbulbs. They're close, and they work. But, it's way too hard to install. I usually have to get a carpenter out here every few months to switch my lightbulbs.

:woo:

6. stratiotes

stratiotes Valued Member

It doesn't matter how many lightbulbs you change in the dojo, it's never the same in real life. Doesn't matter how skilled you are, you can't always have an extra bulb with you. What then? Also, The bulbs in the dojo are already taken out of the box. There may not be time in a real light or death bulb change.

I know this guy who held an 8th degree black belt in traditional japanese Light Bulb Changing... he has been changing light bulbs since he was a young boy growing up in Tokyo. One night he was going to his own bathroom when the light bulb blows. He stumbled around in the dark trying to find a spare bulb, but with the fear and rush of adrenaline, he couldn't think straight. It then hits him, he used to last bulb practicing katas. He then panicked. In all the chaos, he stumbled and fell into the toilet head first, drowning himself.

Never be so confident in your bulb changing skills that you forget your bulbs.

7. Cain

Cain New Member

*Spews coke all over monitor* hehehe ;)

Me three :D

This thread HAS to be the best!

|Cain|

8. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

You know the old Janitor/caretaker at your school?

The one that looks about 100 years old?

He's changed a gazillion light bulbs right?

Let's call him Joe.

So one day, someone writes a book on the changing of light bulbs, and someone official thinks that Joe should really be taught how to change light bulbs properly, in line with modern methodology. Joe just nods and moves on, cos after all, it's just a light bulb, not the sun.

9. xLJx

xLJx New Member

this is insane, man... I love MAP. :D

10. Capt Ann

Capt Ann Valued Member

You guys talk about all these different styles for changing bulbs, but the only art you'll really need is BLL (Brazilian Lamp Lighting). You should know by now that, when it comes to an actual street light situation, the electricity ALWAYS goes to the GROUND!

11. surgingshark

*rofl* I bow to THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

12. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

*appluads* BRAVO! BRAVO! ROFL!! :)

But if you go to ground in a multi-light street you'll get your bulbs kicked in. ;)

13. shootodog

shootodog restless native

um, i suggets that you cross train. crosstraining makes you appreciate the different lightbulbs and their different settings.

14. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

:D :D :D NEW_THREAD_KING!!!!

15. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

What about coniditioning??? Do you any of you actually train for the worst case scenario where your bulb breaks and you have to work in the dark??

We do a 'darkness' session every month, so that the first time it happens we don't freeze up. If you don't train for this, how do you know how your going to react when that filament burns out??!!

16. shootodog

yes, i agree. you have to experience the darkness and become use to it. that way, you'll be relaxed always. tensing up is a major cause of electricution. darkness is also your friend.

gryphon hall: luceat lux!

17. surgingshark

Um, just wondering about your opinions, do you agree with the statement that the 110v-Ryu is more efficient since it removes some of the "traditional" aspects of the 220v-Ryu?

18. shootodog

someone's gonna post a poll?

19. Li Nan-Lung

Li Nan-Lung New Member

I've been doing light-bulb-fu for ages, but I'm wondering if anyone has any Anti-Candle meathods? If I'm using Light-Bulbs, I don't want to be taken out by some Candle movements!

20. Kris H

Kris H New Member

So....................

Just To Clarify.............

Does actually only take one person.......... :D :D

I'm suprised you're all avoiding the real training question at hand here.........
    What are your opinions on lighting supplements........
    Does AC do it better than DC?

Hey........I might have fufilled the last prophecy..........nah........