How many forum members does it take to change a lightbulb?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Ghost Frog, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

BAH! You ALL sit at how basking in the light of your ecologically friendly 10 year life span light bulb!

You train purely to give yourself a security blanket which will vanish from sight the moment the lights go out and its for real!!!

But you still train with archaic light bulbs!!!

To be truely effective on 'da street you have to practice with the cherry picker and sodium lamp!!! You pretend your hard by changing your mum's kitchen strip light!!!

Your all n008's!!!!!

:D

2. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

Not true, I learned teh "REAL" Kitchen light bulb training from a "Sparky" who spent 8 months meditating in the lights section at B&Q!!!!!!

DO NOT MISJUDGE TEH REAL LIGHTBULB CHANGING!!!!

MY SPARKY KNOWS THE REAL LBC!!!!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2004
  3. Serpico

Serpico New Member

You are all fools. Gound fighting is the only way to win a bulb fight. Anyone who isn't stupid knows that 90% of all light bulb changing results in grounding. Anyone who doesn't believe this is a stupid clown, and a los3r 11!!!!11!!

4. judojedi

judojedi Officer of the Crown

i have to question this, as most bulb changing i have partaken in, start and finish on the ceiling! indoors anyway!

i have however studied floor lighting but gave it up due to a lack of variety. also the senior grade used me as an uke and i wasn't learning anything except how to take an electric shock.

5. freespirit

freespirit spirit of the free

If a light bulbh falls to the floor and there is no one there to hear it does i still make a sound ?

6. Shaolin Dragon

Shaolin Dragon Born again martial artist

Do you think I can learn lightbulb changing from videos? How about computer games? Don't flame me, it's just that I don't have an instructor near me and figure TV's better than nothing.

7. surgingshark

surgingshark Valued Member

Do you guys believe in hand-conditioning as part of lightbulb change training, or is it outdated and unneccessary?

On that subject, how well does it work on multiple lightbulbs?

8. Shortfuse

Shortfuse King of Hearts

u need weapon forms to practice lightbulb hand conditioning

9. amiller127

amiller127 Chief Instructor

Wow, after readin this thread ive been so enlightened. I had no idea the how deep and philosophical the art of changing a lightbulb was. They make it look so easy in the hoolywood movies ive seen, but it seems like the films and reality just dont match up. I saw the latest movie and the guy was changing multiple lightbulbs at the same time, going back and forth betweem each one for about 5 mins. It seems like the reality is soooo much different.

Thanks for bringing this thread onto the forum. After reading it, i felt like someone had flicked a switch in my head, a light came on and illuminated the art of lightbulbs for me.

You must all be Masters of such a valuable skill and I deeply respect you all for that!!

10. totality

totality New Member

sigh...why are you all babbling about lightbulb changing, when you COULD be using these lightbulbs to condition your shins???

11. Freeform

I'm suprised nobody has yet asked the big question,

bayonet or screw fitting?

12. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

I can't believe you even consider bayonet fittings as a serious option. I mean, get real!! After about ten years the plastic round the top decays and the whole thing just falls out in your hand.

What use is that going to be on a cold winter's night?? People who use antiquated equipment from centuries gone by just for the sake of it should be shot!!

I know, I tried it one night just after pub closing time and I nearly lost my hand. It was really scary.

13. Freeform

But shouldn't we be keeping the tradition of our style alive? ;)

Col

14. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

Listen, I eat breakfast 300 yards from 4,000 light fittings who are trained to kill me so don't think for one second that you can come down here, flash your lightbulb opions and make me nervous.

Son, we live in a world that has fittings, and those fittings have to be filled by women with lightbulbs. Whose gonna do it? You? You, FreeForm? I have more responsibility here than you could possibly fathom.

You weep for the bayonet fitting, and you curse the screw fitting. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That the death of bayonet fittings, while tragic, probably saved lives. And that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. I know deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you don't want me on that fitting, you need me on that fitting.

We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom to wear no gi that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a lightbulb, and stand to post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

;)

15. Freeform

I want the truth!!!

:D

Tell me you didn't memorise that...

16. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

The truth? You can't handle the truth! :D :D
    Oh god...

Last edited: Feb 5, 2004
  17. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

All this talk is completley rendundant,

What are you all gonna do when the stop the conspiracy thoery and everlasting lightbulbs are finally on general release.....

.....where is you rlight bulb changing going to be then?

18. WhiteWizard

WhiteWizard Arctic Assasain

Random acts of violence against lightbulbs would mean that they wtill would have to be changed though.

The perishable lightbulb union would no doubt start a war on these everlasting bulbs.

19. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

How sad do you think I am?!!:D

20. Shaolin Dragon

Shaolin Dragon Born again martial artist

You're all fools! Everyone knows candles are superior - they've been around longer so they must be better!