How many forum members does it take to change a lightbulb?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Ghost Frog, Feb 3, 2004.

1. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

I hear that they don't even switch the power on until after the bulb's in either. Wimps.

2. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

[Geek Joke Alert]

BAH, Changing lightbulbs inside a Farady Cage isn't the same as REAL lightbulb changing in the street!

[/Geek Joke Alert]

;):D

3. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

hahahahahahaha, this thread is classic.

4. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

I've just bought some second-hand dimmer switches on e-bay. Hopefully start practising with them tonight. Does anyone know any schools that train in this?

<Joke break>
    Has anyone noticed that the google ad at the top is now showing fluorescent lights!!
    </joke break>

5. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

1 guy to sit on the sidelines posting occasional supercilious comments like this one

6. totality

totality New Member

i agree.

the statement below is false.

7. Mrs Owt

Mrs Owt New Member

It isn't a real lightbulb changing art unless it can deal with serious situations like whole strings of Christmas lights needing changing at once. Cause you get one bulb, and there is another and another! When you can deal with that you know you are doing the real thing and not just playing at it.

8. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

Me too.

9. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Excellent everyone, my first laugh of the day. I guess if we can't laugh at ourselves we shouldn't be here!

10. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

I once had to change 3 live light bulbs in a bath without the aid of protective gloves or clothes.

You guys are weak and suck ass!

;)

11. judojedi

judojedi Officer of the Crown

what were the light bulbs doing in the bath? :p

12. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

I'm up to yellow tab in Dim-Tone, and have just got my new bulb gloves, but I just want to know....

Who on here washes their gloves?

13. judojedi

never wash your gloves!! its part of the tradition.

of course real bulb changers dont wear gloves!

14. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Do not mock me Judojedi!!!

I have been a professional light bulb changer since my mum increased my pocket money last week!!!

You all practice on conventional 40 watt bulbs with the power switched off, but I've changed halogen strip lights in a light or death situation!!!!!

;)

15. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

IN ORDER TO RETURN TO ULTIMATE TRUTH OF PURE LIGHT WE MUST ALL TRAIN IN THE CANDLE ART.

ONLY BY THIS CAN WE UNDERSTAND WIELD MORE COMPLEX SOURCE OF POWER.

---------------------------
    TRUTH

16. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

No Ghost Frog, we've got to look to the future, rather than looking at the archaic methods of the past. I say that everyone should train in the mysteries of the laser.

17. judojedi

i never train with anything less than a 60watt! and if you had read my post from earlier on, you will know that my first street light change was not under controlled conditions.
    during that dangerous bulb change it started to spit rain. it was a very scary situation let me tell you! :D

18. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

I heard Bruce Lee thought bulb changing was too stylised and relied too heavily on stepladders and gloves.

His ideas were more along the lines of,

"Why bother to change the bulb when easier options exist?"

Now I just set fire to the furniture. ;)

Mmmmmmm, glowing! :D

19. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

*Tosh bites tongue in effort not to let "Light Sabers" gag out*

:D

20. semphoon

semphoon walk idiot, walk.

Method?

Changing lightbulbs should be carried out using the finger-tips ONLY.

I'm sick of these sell-outs that teach the whole palm of the hand should be used to lift the bulb up.

It destroys the tradition. For what?

So kids can learn it and the instructor can charge their parents $356.99 a month. Makes me sick.

And the worst thing is it gives the kids false confidence- thinking that they will never have to sit in the dark again when the lightbulb blows!