How far would you go...

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by morphus, Oct 5, 2002.

1. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

A strike to a muscle does hurt more. Think about a dead arm, thats usually after hitting a muscle usch as the bicep etc.

How do you build muscle on the shin, its like a muscleless area of the body. You can take a hard hit to the shin because of this, what does hurt is when a fighter gets to the back of the leg, the calf or thigh muscles.

Not sure if more muscle equals more pain, maybe a large muscle will be better protected than a small one.....

2. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

Hmmmmm.... To be fair I said AROUND the shin not on it.

I just wondering which is worse getting hit on the bone or getting hit on an area that has muscle??

To be honest i'm thinking about this in terms of protecting the leg from strikes rather than using it to attack.

Can anyone give a desroption of the physics of what happens when we get a "dead arm/leg" etc.

I'd like their to be a resident MA Doctor sometimes you know!

:D

"Is there Doctor in the house? Is there Doctor in the house?" -Marx Bros

3. AllOutWar

AllOutWar New Member

You can build up muscle around the shin but making the bone denser with bag work is still my story and I'm stickin to it! As for using your legs as defense instead of offense, that's fine I guess.............. But if you got baseball bats for legs why would you use them for defens instead of offense? You also need to take into acount how much and how how hard do you train your shins. Would you be able to check a kick from somone who kicks the bag every day religously?You may be better off just avoiding the kick, wich may be a side step or even a step back. I personally don't like stepping back unless it's to enjoy the carnage I have released on someone! Keep the onslaught moving forward. I think I covered evry thing that was asked. No I'm not a doctor and will never repeat something I've heard unless I do it My self and it works. Watching someone fold with ! kick is something to see. It's like knocking somone out with 1punch you strike them and your arm snaps back to gaurd your chin but wait they're laid out. It comes unexpected I never count on taking them out like that but it al works out for ME in the end:D

4. phoenix88

phoenix88 New Member

heya,every1 has there own ways to conditioning i ofter spar people older than me and a higher grade it gives me experience conditioning,try other peoples methods of conditioning and then choose one to suit you,i condition my knuckles by punching my punch bad bare fisted and various other techniques,you could get a partner so you can both try moves on each other slowly building up the amount of power you use on each other this wil condition your body,the choice of ur conditioning is entirely up to you but hope this helped pm if ya want to from phoenix xxx

5. khafra

khafra New Member

The thing that makes me nervous about conditioning, mostly, is that mpeg of the muay thai guy snapping an ordinary looking shin kick to the other guy's thigh, then bringing his leg back and standing on it, only to have it fold in half partway between his knee and ankle.

Looks like whatever kinda conditioning he did accomplished more pain deadening than bone strengthening.

6. oni

oni New Member

I believe that that was dennis alexio. Wonder what kind of conditioning he did. Any one ever see that clip of the chinese guy in the olympics on the rings years ago? He went through his whole routine and the dismounted with a broken leg. Guy didn't even flinch and won the gold. Now that's true conditioning, conditioning of the mind.

7. marcusknight

marcusknight Valued Member

i like fighting full force without pads but banning hard strikes to the head or any techniques designed to break bones or casue a knock out. the way to win is to make the other one quit, however most ppl i know wont go this far :(

8. Sanitarium

Sanitarium New Member

I don't think it connected to the thigh, I think it was a bad angle and hit the guy's knee or top of his shin.