How far is Qigong taking you?

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by gerard, May 21, 2004.

?

How far is Qigong taking you?

1. Sorry, haven't started yet

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. Good physical and spiritual development

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  3. Good physical development, however spiritual work is lagging behind

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  4. I got stuck

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. gerard

gerard Valued Member

Hi guys,

As you know (if you do) Qigong work doesn't only affect the physical plane it also works at a spiritual level. I'd like to hear your experiences in this regard.

Mine are:

1. Improved health and stamina

2. Deeper awareness of the whole picture

3. Feelings of love and compassion to all sentient beings

4. More intuitive

5. Some telepathic experiences

6. Better ability to read minds

I like all these stuff, however there is something that Qigong is creating on me and which deeply concerns me:

7. Slow detachment from physical reality. What I mean here is that I am less concerned about human problems and the misery of life. People who I meet tell other people I meet that I am very spiritual and deep. Your friend is a weird guy. However, when it comes to have fun I am human again, and the thing is that I don't have any inhibitions. I am like a naughty little kid. People think I am crazy. :love:

This stuff is interesting, however what is the ultimate truth??? How far will I go. I mean is our physical reality only a test??

I'd like to hear your opinions.

Gan bei :cry:

2. Omicron

Omicron is around.

So, what am I thinking about right now, then?

3. no-go

no-go New Member

I think he was meaning on a low level, such as reading one or two planned out moves in advance, also the seeming ability to make a person do something or say something without a word said on your part. I have read up on this stuff associated with these forms of practise and well i do have a small amount of belief in this stuff. I have felt like it has worked before but when i try to think about it all i get confuzed as anything.

4. bob01

bob01 New Member

Interesting observations. Out of curiosity, how long have you been doing qigong Gerard? What constitutes your daily practice?

Cheers Bob :D

5. RobP

RobP Valued Member

"Slow detachment from physical reality."

That would seem to be a main side effect of qigong work.

6. BaGuaMaster X

BaGuaMaster X New Member

An interesting question you've brought up. I have felt the physical side of things much improving. On the spiritual side it's interesting too. I've recently been able to cut through a lot of C*** ie. i'm starting to see WHY people say certain things (not as obvious as i thought)! Aside from that i'm starting to understand why I do things as well. For example there are some new people in my class who are perfectly nice to me but i just don't like them and didn't know why...i realised this is just my fear of personal failure being projected onto them. Just lotsa little things like that. I know what you mean about caring less too though! I'm starting to find that i'm less influenced by what other people do...it's all a little wierd at the moment...

7. gerard

gerard Valued Member

I've been practising for only a year and a half:

Morning schedule:

Horse stance: 20-30 minutes

Daoist breathing exercises: 15 minutes

Sitting meditation: 30 minutes

Night schedule:

45min-1 h of sitting meditation.

Fastness of results are dependent on numerous factors, namely: cold, wind, heat, moisture, dryness, fire, and way of life, i.e. irregularity of wakefulness and sleep overworks the liver organ, whereas sexual excess overload the kidneys. Other factors that will affect practice are unsolved emotions such as joy, anger, melancholy, obsession, sorrow, anxiety and fear.

The Six-Syllable Secret develope by Daois master Tao Hung-Jing in fifth century AD is an excellent method to release emotional blockages and clear the major organs: liver/gall bladder (sound of 'shoo'); heart and small intestine (sound of 'her' without pronouncing the 'r'); spleen, pancreas and stomach (sound of 'who'); lungs and intestine (sound of 'hiss' without pronouncing the initial 'hi-'); kidney and bladder (sound of 'chway'); and finally, the triple burner and pericardium (sound of 'she' with teeth slightly parted and the lips formed in a small circle).

Flashing the body with this Qigong set is a must before advancing in more complex Daoist training. Also the Six-Syllable maintains and extends human lifespan.

BTW we are all different so my experiences may sound too easy to achieve for you or way too far. Anyway sooner or later anyone will experience what I described in my first post, plus other metaphysical experiences.

Gan bei.

8. gerard

gerard Valued Member

No need to say that I haven't posted as a result of a fully overblown ego that wants to show off.

9. nzric

nzric on lookout for bad guys

I've done qigong in 7 easy payments and now I can talk to animals :D

Just kidding. Qigong is one of the most valuable health exercises around - shame it's so unnoticed in the west. Even though I'm a skeptic, I know it's da.mn powerful stuff. And no-go is right, you can't pretend to know about reading the opponent's intent in IMA without doing a healthy dose of qigong (if only I practiced as much as I typed...)

10. hedgehogey

hedgehogey Banned Banned

God this is stupid. You're making us non-delusional qigong practicioners look bad.

11. HK Pedestrian

HK Pedestrian New Member

I knew you were going to say that... :D

12. gerard

gerard Valued Member

Sorry, but my experience doesn't mean that would happen to you.

Karma, my friend Karma.

13. hwardo

hwardo Drunken Monkey

You practice qigong? :eek:

14. jroe52

jroe52 Valued Member

i think people are getting benefits from the meditative practices hidden in qi'gong. you are in a way actively meditating while acting physically instead of sitting still.

the breathing, meditating, conscentrating or not, and movements all help you become more "in tune" with yourself and body. you also forget all the outside garbage and focus on important things.

in a way alot of you are practicing a main thing in buddhism yet your not actually being buddhists. what you are doing though is healthy even if you never use the qi'gong to do supper breaking board hits against your rib cage lol.

15. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

hmm sounds intresting... I used to do lots of meditations before starting Chikung... I cannot say it helped me with awareness or telephaty etc etc.. but it sure feels good..
    I've been doing frm 3 yrs... and meditation from 9 yrs...
    -TkdWarrior-

16. Hush

Hush New Member

Has anyone experienced seminal retention abilitys, or other energy circulation abilitys from their practising of Qi Gung

17. nzric

nzric on lookout for bad guys

Only when my fiancee says I'm spending too much time training and refuses to put out :D

18. gerard

gerard Valued Member

Hi, any practitioner will experience this effect due to the close interrelation of the Taoist trinity: jing-chi-shen. However increased seminal production should not be wasted recklessly otherwise there will be a regress in chi and spiritual development. Again, strict celibacy or dual cultivation with an understanding partner is a must.

Regards.

19. David

David Mostly AFK, these days

For years, I've been doing hard chi kung as part of mantis and a little (ie not enough) of the soft methods.

3-4 months ago I began yoga and tai chi and have quickly found I'm doing lots of soft chi gung and meditation. I'm working hard on visualisation in my practice and this is very rewarding.

Your experience doesn't sound exactly the same as a phenomenon I experienced many years ago (and why should it?) but there are two sides to detachment. One side is good because it is objective whilst the other is bad because you suffer psychological and emotional dissociation from other people's realities: it's no good being able to understand those around you if they can't get anything back from you on their own terms.

Feelings like this motivated me to study MA - to get physical; to get 'real'. Balance (such as it is) returned.

Anyway, chi gung ROCKS! :D

Rgds,
    David

20. gerard

gerard Valued Member

David, I don't thing is bad at all. First because Qigong will help you to gain Enlightenment if your own Karma determines it. Second I don't have psychological and emotional problems because of it. Third that feeling doesn't happen all the time. Fourth, when the times comes and Enligthenment occurs the human being in question should be very fortunate of experiencing something that most of humans need many lives to achieve. Anyway Enlightenment is not just as simply as what I explained, and it should be discussed in another thread anyway.

Regards.