how do you fight 2-4 ppl at once

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by Tankx1st, Oct 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mididoctors

mididoctors Valued Member

fighting and defeating multiple opponents is NOT impossable or intrinsicly the part of any story I would not believe..

if one has the presence of mind to pull off the technique claimed why is he asking the question...

its BS

such an incident is full of value as experience in that reliving in ones mind holds the answer.. if true he is already studing the martial art he needs... just break his arm get up and take the other guy out.

the takedown he applied MUST have occured quickly or it couldn't have occured at all IMO... even if the other guy got the stomps in so what you don't stay there while being stamped on... and if he did then he now knows not to do it..

to a large extent fighting multiple opponents is about not giving up (if not all fighting)

I don't believe the story. anyone who has had that experience wouldn't be asking the question in the manner he did as he would have experienced something few had and instead he would be thinking of what he should have done... everyone does after losing or even winning a fight.. people draw from such intense experiences which this guy doesn't

any better?

Boris
    london

Last edited: Oct 19, 2004
  2. mididoctors

mididoctors Valued Member

there is subtle differences... between not believing and calling some a liar.

the ego emotional personality issues surrounding fighting and the martial arts are part of it..

this is the journey of enlightment!

Boris
    london

3. E-Rocker

E-Rocker Valued Member

If a person and/ or group of people with knives or other weapons ask me for my money, I'm going to give them my money. A few dollars and some credit cards I can cancel with a phone call are not worth my life. I've got a wife to get home to. :love:

4. Judderman

Judderman 'Ello darlin'

Ahh, I'm afraid you are a little misinformed about the origins of these truly wonderful styles.

Whereas Run Lik Hel is indeed Chinese, I think you will find that Don Be Dere is Italian, believed to originate from the Korean Roon A'Wai and Haf Mani Frend is Scandinavian, possibly linked to the Eastern European Kiz Ya'auss G'bi :D

Dealing with multiple attacker is extremely dangerous. If there is a criminal intent you may (and thats a exceptionally slim may) get away with exceptional violence against one attacker that will encourage their companion to think again about joining in, given that usually these attackers are lazy and want an easy ride of things. If you are to use violence it must be swift and decisive, hopefully inducing an element of surprise/shock. This must be backed up with the appropriate posturing.

Geoff Thompson recounts his experiences against "have-a-go-hard-nuts", where this strategy worked, but then it was also, I beleive, backed up with Geoff's reputation.

You only have to look at the psychology of the encounter to realise how dangerous it is. What would you do if one of your good friends was being beaten up?

I have only had one multiple attacker experience and fortunately both individuals were drunk. This allowed me to line them up better, deal with one before dealing with the other. I count myself exceptionally lucky.

5. Tribalweapon

Tribalweapon Valued Member

6. Johnny N

Johnny N New Member

When fighting multiple attackers there is no room for mistake, you must go for vital areas, IE the eyes the throat and if male the nuts, also you need to position yourself well, like was said before, try and get them behind one another by side stepping while attacking.
    as the first man moves in try for an arm break or lock and you can use him as a kind of sheild against the others. you generally weigh up the odds in the first few seconds of a fight so if they are not in your favour RUN, live to fight another day.

7. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Are you saying that aikido works "on the street" ?

Aikido and some of the silats were intentionally designed with multiple attackers in mind. As Matt B said, the Filipino arts are pretty good too, "But the down side is in order to take care of multiple opponents, they really take care of multiple opponents." Even more so the silats I've seen.

Any martial art has potential but duh, "don't be there" is the best way to go. Not being there has worked every single time for me, no exceptions, and my chidren do not think I'm a wuss.

8. nzric

nzric on lookout for bad guys

What the hell could you do to get 19 people wanting to fight you at once??! Apart from walking into a bar with your MA uniform on and trying to "look 'ard."

The best solution is to not get yourself in the situation in the first place. The more people there are, the more warning you're going to get that you're in trouble. Even if there's 30 people wanting to fight you, you only need to fight the 1 or 2 that are near the closest exit before you leg it!

9. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

How do you fight 2-4 ppl at once?

I'll just sit and watch. :D

10. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Well, pulling something like that isn't a charge of assault at least. Its either attempted suicide, injury through gross negligence, or grand stupidity (now that's a new charge that should be brought into law).

11. Furikuchan

Furikuchan New Member

Before I discuss the topic at hand...
    Oh, how I must agree...but how would we enforce it?

It is possible to train to deal with multiple attackers at once. For the most part, though, this training is figuring out how to stall them enough so you can break away and run.
    Yeah, the "don't take it to the ground" strategy seems obvious, but I've made that mistake myself. The strategy my sensei emphasizes is to NEVER stop moving. If you block something, block it while moving. If you go for a footsweep, run the guy over with it and keep going. It decreases your chances of being hit, and intimidates your opponents a bit more than standing in the corner.

12. wild_pitch

wild_pitch Melt The Guns!

Are you saying that aikido works "on the street"

well to be honest my friends situation was probably more 40% his training and 60% straight up street fighting.

he was doing things like pulling one into a bus shelter by his throat and pinning him down in a corner with his knees so the other guy would have to come through the door and could not come up behind him.

he was in a very populated area, downtown toronto at queen and university right at rush hour so he knew the police were coming at some point so it was just a matter of holding them off.

13. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

from what I've learnt from 3/2 on 1 sparring:

if there fighting level is at a similar skill to yours, you need to be twice/three times as fast as them to be on par.

you can't fight against that many people, unless you make it 1 on 1, by using sheilding techniques.

I like the special school mentioned earlier

Ron Lyke Hel *snigger*

It may be that you are faster than those attacking you, but how do you know this from a complete stranger - can you take that risk?

14. Thorstein

Thorstein New Member

Float like a butterfly, :Angel:
    sting like a bee!!!!!!!! :bang:

.... and stay away from the knife!!!!

:D :D :D :D

15. Matt_Bernius

Matt_Bernius a student and a teacher

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.