Houston area seminar is almost here.....Already?

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by hwarang cl, Jul 11, 2007.

1. hwarang cl

hwarang cl The Evil Twin

I was looking at the seminar schedule and realized that the houston area seminars are almost here, little more than 2 weeks away. Seems like they come earlier and earlier each year, I liked it when they were in late August but anyway. Was just wondering if anyone on here will be attending one or all of them. I'm going to try and make them all.

2. ember

ember Valued Member

So far I'm just planning on attending ours. Between the topics I've heard are likely to be covered, and considering I'll be at nearly 36 weeks, I'm not sure there'll be much I could actually *do*. But at least I can listen and learn something.

3. hwarang cl

hwarang cl The Evil Twin

Why do think we'll do the same as the other schools. Not saying we're special or anything just we do normally in class what other schools learn in seminar but usually CL, actually houston area, does one or two things differently in seminar than the rest. We definetly probably won't be doing Jool Bong since I think over 75% of the school already knows it, and I don't think we'll be doing the breaking either but maybe so. But yes being 36 weeks just might limit you from doing the physical stuff.

4. ember

ember Valued Member

The last two years CL has followed the same trend I've heard on here. 2005 it was Maek Chi Ki / Maek Cha Ki pressure points. 2006 it was sword sparring.

So if this year has been specialty breaking and specialty kicking...

KJN hasn't even let me break with palm strike for at least five months, and jumping has been out from the start.

Not doing jool bong would be a shame, that's one thing I *CAN* practice with the group.