House building.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Smokemare, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Smokemare

Smokemare ITF TKD 2nd Dan

For those of you wondering what all the fuss is about, I've started posting pictures of the house build project on my livespace. We're actually doing the roof tomorrow so the pictures are playing catch up.

Still it's interesting as you can see the old house before the demolitions and you can can see the first few weeks of work. I'll be adding more as we go on with the build.

Smokemare's Live Space

There's alot so I broke them down into different albums. More will be added soon!

2. Smokemare

I've added some more pictures, still got alot of catching up to do though! The roof is actually well under way!

I also put some more pictures of my Emily on there too!

3. Smokemare

I've added some more photo's for the interested few... Still not caught up with current progress though!

4. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

That's a major project you have going on there, best of luck!

Mitch

5. gemtkd

gemtkd Valued Member

Wow!! I'd love to do that, but not sure if I could ever afford it!!

6. Smokemare

Yeah it's been crazy... We bought the house like fie years ago, we saved up for a long time... We've been building for over a year now and the lath and felt is nearly ready to go on the roof.

It's expensive Gem, but much cheaper than buying a house like the one we'll end up with. I was lucky in that I bought a house whle they were still cheap, sold it, rented (Still renting.) and built with the money I got back on the house.

I've added some more albums actually.

We're HOPING to be in by end of December. We're EXPECTING to be in by the start of next summer :(

It's hard when you can't afford to hire people to do it... and you have to do 90% of the work yourself or with volunteer labour... My father in law has actually done 85% of the building, luckily he's retired recently and has experience of doing this sort of thing.

7. Smokemare

I've updated the picutres - you can see the roof joinery now!