HOT

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by jorvik, Nov 26, 2011.

1. jorvik

jorvik Valued Member

Just had some mexican food and I used "who dares burns hot sauce"...man that is hot, I've had about 2 packs of Rennies and I still burn, frightened to go to the loo.ring of fire or napalmarse
    What is the hottest sauce? hottest culture India? Thai? mexico?...I'd go with Mexican right now

2. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

My friends actually look this stuff up and we have spice sauces that you can put 1 drop into a VAT of curry and it would make it super spicy.

In London's Fortnum & Masons they have one where you can burn rust off a car..

3. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

I tried one that you can't buy in the UK. It was bought elsewhere. Apparently it was 2 million scobels. It wasn't hot as such, it was just pure pain. I literally felt like someone had cut my tongue with a knife.

Milk didn't help. I sat there sucking ice. Took about 45 mins to become bearable!

4. slickoneuk

slickoneuk Member Supporter

Look on youtube for the hippy seed company, there a guy eats an individual chilli and describes the taste, heat and effects etc. Mad man!

5. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

Watch and laugh/cry at this kid's stupidity:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw8bW6b5900"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw8bW6b5900[/ame]

6. BrawlArtist

BrawlArtist Valued Member

It's Scoville.

I was foolish enough to try one hotsauce around the 2million mark, they made me sign a waver and after licking a toothpick dipped in it I wound up sucking sugar cubes and hitting the floor. I can honestly say I'll never eat anything I have to sign a waver for again. This was the culmination of a hotsauce tasting deal too so I wasn't unprepared for spicy.

On the original topic my dad is regularly supplied by a local Indian family and the food meets our exceedingly high "hot" expectations so I'd have to go with Indian. Although Thai food is probably up there too...

7. Mangosteen

Indian is pretty high but its bearable cos i've grown up with it.
    Thai food is hot but its a nice kind of sweet hot, pretty flavourful, in thailand it was never too hot.

The hottest thing i've had is mexican made by mexicans, not that tex-mex crap.

8. Nojon

Nojon Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein

I enjoy hot food ..but theres a point where it stops being enjoyable any longer, and is actually harming you.
    In the states, theres a chain of chicken restaurants called "CLUCK U" (university). They deliver sandwiches, wings, everything chicken related. They also have a sauce called thermo-nuclear, which if you want to try it, you sign a waiver and they take your picture as takes effect. A buddy of mine did it, ended up in the hospital. But then again, he was a "jackass" type who did really stupid things for a laugh..

9. Mangosteen

I covered my chicken in this at Nando's once...

once...

5 minutes after leaving the restaurant, i run back and take the worst bathroom break of my life.
    My friends laughed and ditched me, for the last bus home. really not cool.

[​IMG]

10. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

I wish I could join in but since a head injury about 10 years ago I can eat ridiculously hot foods. I did always fancy trying Blair's 16 Million Reserve but as it was a limited edition I suspect that boat has sailed.

11. BrawlArtist

BrawlArtist Valued Member

OH....my....god....

I googled Blairs 16 Million reserve.

I thought the chips were crazy enough. Who in their right mind is buying PURE Capsaicin? And yes, it's sold out.

12. Gary

Illegal to sell, import or export in the UK too :(

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mwn02qZn8vw&feature=related"]www.chilefoundry.co.uk - Darth Naga vs 16 Million SHU pure crystal capsaicin extract! - YouTube[/ame]

13. jorvik

jorvik Valued Member

He said that it was illegal from February, somehow though I'm not tempted. Although I probably would be after a few pints, so it's best I put the notion out of my mind.
    Tabasco and encona are for cissies,I can drink them out the bottle.but some of the hotter sauces are pretty dangerous

just subbed to that guy's channel

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  14. Gary

The video is a year old though.

15. jorvik

jorvik Valued Member

Yeah but it's not like your buying Cocaine or something.I may chance it..when I'm feeling dangerous

16. jorvik

jorvik Valued Member

Just watched "stupid Boy" LOL sorry I missed it before.that Dumb eejit is gonna join the marines and lose his legs for his country

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2011
  17. righty

righty Valued Member

Mega Death Sauce

The worlds hottest burger or Mega Death Burger.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8XqtI6j61k"]Hottest Burger In The World! The MegaDeath Burger! (Watch In High Quality!) - YouTube[/ame]

18. LUGENPOPPER

LUGENPOPPER Valued Member

I once had a chilli out of a jar of pickled vegetables (chilli, carrot and chouliflower). It started off extremely hot then my tongue, lips and head went numb. About 5 minutes after my head went numb I noticed something dripping on the table...it was snot! Couldn't feel my face for about 10-15 minutes. Oddly enough it didn't hurt on the way out. Apparently they were Habeneros (spelling?).