Hostage Siege in Sydney - Militant Islam rears it's head

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by slipthejab, Dec 15, 2014.

1. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Without loss of life? I hope they put a bullet in each one of their domes.

3. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

And make them martyr?
    Could be just as deadly.

4. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Don't care. Let it expose the rest of them that would take it as martyrdom and inspire them to do something, so they can die too.

And yeah, I understand that it might cause innocent people to die. I would be saying the same thing if it were me and my own that were the next target. I have no tolerance for this crap. Some people just need to die.

5. GoldShifter

GoldShifter The MachineGun Roundhouse

I feel the same way Ero, my friends call my cynical for doing so but that's because they like to hold onto ideals that won't happen. I wholeheartedly believe that if you're willing to take the life of somebody else for your religion or ideas you should be willing to give up yours. In any case, we'd be helping them get to heaven and their virgins faster.

I do hope the innocents do get out unscathed though. Not intending to make it a religious debate but personally I believe that if their ticker is up, then its up. Hopefully this hostage situation gets resolved without innocent casualties and that the highly trained individuals that the Australians send in don't get hurt either.

6. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Feels like the rise of ISIL/ISIS/IS has led us into a new era of homegrown terrorism. Hard to argue this incident isn't related to what's going on in Iraq/Syria (black flag and all). Just hope it comes to a peaceful resolution (for the hostages, not the hostage taker - hope the last thing that goes through his/her mind is a 5.56mm round) and nobody ends up with their head in a basket on national tv.

7. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Twitter is broadcasting several "selfies" that some self-absorbed scumbags have been taking at the scene. Those individuals are a disgrace to the human race.

8. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I find it a bit strange that the barbaric actions of ISIS inspires anyone to follow their lead. I would hope that more people are repelled by them than attracted by them.
    yes, hopefully the hostages all come out of this unharmed. As for the hostage takers, ideally it would be the best punishment if they are taken alive and spend the rest of their lives in captivity, regretting their actions. But if they end up getting killed then they have brought it on themselves.

9. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

More people are repelled than inspired hence why this particular incident is the work of a lone individual.

But sadly the actions of jihadists in Iraq/Syria do motivate a few crackpots on the fringes of society. The gunman in Sydney ordered the hostages to hold up the wrong flag and has since asked for the same one used by IS.

10. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Dead terrorists give up no accomplices. Let's hope this ends peacefully.

11. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

That's a good point.

12. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Watching bits of this on the news at work and can't help but feel there should be a media blackout of events like this. Its being done for the publicity and the media's eating it up. I assume the people with their hands on the glass are hostages and while showing it repeatedly is a powerful image of the innocents caught in this, I see it as a powerful piece of propoganda for the extremists.

I get a lot of news is voyeurism anyway but if the coverage doesn't inspire copycats I'll be surprised.

13. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Fine. Question him, then shoot him.

14. holyheadjch

I don't believe in giving terrorists what they want.

15. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I got a horrible feeling live terrorist don't give up accomplices either. :(

16. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Oh, I didn't mean kill him.

At least not right away. Be interesting to see how much they want martyrdom after getting a couple of .45 rounds through their kneecaps.

17. holyheadjch

It happens a lot more frequently than when they're dead. And a lifetime in a cell is a much bigger deterrent to these lunatics than a bullet.

18. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Apparently he's out on bail for 47 sex offences? Possible his motivation isn't religion

19. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

20. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Have any demands been made thus far that we're aware of?