Hoshin Ryu Sword Curriculum and Niten Ichi Ryu

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by ScottUK, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Hyaku

Hyaku Master of Nothing

The Hyoho Niten Ichiryu is one of Japans most well known Koryu. Either you are in it or your not! It"s not some commercial proposition. Its representative of a cultural activity and not moves to be copied off DVDs. For this very reason the ryu does not favor such a medium. We dont do budo for profit either!

As to copyright....... The ryu is the intellectual copyright of the present Soke. To misrepresent it is beyond any question fruadulent.

I will check out the information posted on the net and will add this tis if neccessry to the bad budo section of ebudo to be deal with.

The ryu ha in keeping with any other ryu does not condone fraudulent claims. I can not remember seeing Mr Glimme at any of our seminars?

Scott Halls is a member of the ryu. We are not trying to pull rank or put anyone down. HNIR is for the people..... the people that are in the ryu. One needs to join it to be part of it.

Colin Hyakutake-Watkin
    HNIR Menkyo

2. Kogusoku

Kogusoku 髭また伸びた! Supporter

Well that says it all, does it not?

3. ScottUK

ScottUK More human than human...

Indeed it does. I guess we just have to hear from where Mr Glimme studied, if anywhere - and this issue is done.

Jen, please note Hyaku's sig - other than Iwami soke (who cannot speak English), Colin-sensei is the authority to speak to in regards to the Hyoho Niten Ichi Ryu.

4. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Ok Gary how about dropping it! It's not really relevant now is it? You’re only serving to detract from the topic.

5. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

he's only stating fact that no one had time to answer apart from Jen due to server problems.

6. Lord Spooky

and like your post above it no longer has bearing on the discussion that is taking place in this forum!

The only reason I responded to him was just to clear up what I thought was a bit of miscommunication.

All you two are doing now is:

[​IMG]

7. fifthchamber

fifthchamber Valued Member

And yet answers really aren't that forthcoming..Most of all from Jen..Although I accept that you don't know the guy personally and only backed him up because he is your teacher..But I do believe this subject is a dead one..There is only one satisfactory answer that can be made..Or two if you include an apology..
    Regards.

8. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

Meanwhile, back at The Topic of The Thread.....

9. ScottUK

The only thing we are awaiting is a response from either Kyoshi Glimme or his representative, who up until now has been Jen.

10. Lord Spooky

Thank you Andy!

11. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

Spookyfbi said:-
    Do itashimashite.

12. ScottUK

Once again, no. Another HNIR practitioner pointed out the 'Musashi DVDs', but that wasn't Spooky. Remember that I picked up this ball and ran with it, regardless of info supplied. If I wasn't happy to do so I wouldn't have asked the questions of Jen.

I am curious as to why you are trashing a student of yours publicly... a PM would be better in order to keep this thread clean of more in-fighting...

13. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Jen, just a question, you state the yorkshire dojo is the european home of Hoshin,

(this is the reason i asked for it to be split from the other thread as one of my Bujinkan guys was asking on the bujinkan yorkshire thread and i think it would have been disrespectful to Big Dave to continue that line on that thread just when we have built a relationship with them, nothing more and certainly nothing financial as some pointed out in my motivations :D aprt from they did come down with 7 students!! )

can i ask what your history of hoshin is, what grade you are and your experience of it and also why its the european HQ?

14. Kogusoku

And with that, maybe answer the original questions posted earlier on in the thread:

1) Has Mr.Glimme studied with either Tenshin Shoden Katori Shinto-ryu or Hyoho Niten Ichi-ryu? If so:

2) who were his teachers?
    3) does he have formal permission to teach either tradition?

If he hasn't studied with either ryuha:

4) How did he learn these techniques? Video or seminar? If via seminar, who instructed?

15. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

16. ScottUK

It has been a few days since I emailed Mr Glimme - with no response.

Jen, do you have any way of getting answers to the questions posed? Without these answers, people will draw conclusions that I doubt are in the best interests of Hoshin.

As an aside, I am not picking on you or your school. I find it admirable that you are standing up publicly for both, but once again it seems that people are letting their egos get in the way of hard practice by claiming something they are not, and defrauding consumers who genuinely think they're getting something good in these $55 DVDs. People would be better off saving their money and attending a seminar with Iwami soke in Canada. No number of DVDs, book or online courses can match that one weekend...

17. Kogusoku

Nor the intensity that Iwami sensei brings with him. Dare I mention kodachi seiho? :cool:

18. ScottUK

Yeah, I know what you mean. A few days with Iwami-soke and even the wife doesn't scare me... :D

19. Kogusoku

I shan't repeat that to a soul. :D

20. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

while the waiting period continues...

just a quick clarification question.

If grades are not being awarded then is it more of a moral issue about teaching kata from the schools teachings or is it more a legal thing.

After all i could teach kata from anywhere and unless i offer grades in a specific ryu would it not be viewed as artistic impression?

no offence intend but the undertones of this seem serious.

cheers

:)