Horse stance problem

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by bphan002, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

well, assuming a roughly spherical horse....

2. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

in a vacuum?

3. wushurichard

wushurichard Banned Banned

wow what a great video.

4. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

I find it odd that you post a video claiming to show the correct way of doing this yet when people point out faults you choose to ignore them.

Do you not think that you are showing this incorrectly and so maybe should not be claiming to teach it?

5. Llamageddon

it's because he knows he's right, and we're trolling :cool:

6. Dean Winchester

What style do you study wushurichard?

7. Dean Winchester

oh and what the hell is this

[ame="http://pop.youtube.com/watch?v=sWKrCPXE3_s&playnext_from=PL&feature=PlayList&p=2B7DDCC135448137&index=6"]http://pop.youtube.com/watch?v=sWKrCPXE3_s&playnext_from=PL&feature=PlayList&p=2B7DDCC135448137&index=6[/ame]

8. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

The funniest clip I have seen in ages...:evil::evil:

note...I sincerely hope that the container of green water is not a fish tank. :eek:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  9. Llamageddon

I do believe it's French.

10. StudentOfTao

StudentOfTao Valued Member

If your going for a di ma bu, parallel horse stance, or also know as lower horse stance the best thing that works, atleast for me, is to keep your feet parallel facing the same direction as you are, neither outward or inward. Keep your butt tucked in, relax your shoulders and push your crown point up. (point that is located directly where the back of your head meets the top. also push your knees out. that helps me alot. and to make sure your legs are parrallel and that your low enough get your staff (bo) and lay it on your lap and make sure it does not roll. This stance is perticularly hard because of all the strain on your legs. Imagine I have to sit in it for 5min perfect for my next evaluation and when I go for top level I need to do it for 30 minutes or depending on when my Sigung desides I can get up. But hey it gives your some great leg strength. another thing, try to relax as much as you can and take deep breaths I would also recomend keeping your hands chambered that will also help with your back being straight. hope it helps.

11. bphan002

bphan002 Valued Member

oh wow... I didn't think a simple post would turn out like this. The reason I ask is because I thought it might have to do with my back because I have scoliosis so I thought it was tied to that, but I guess not?

12. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

One thing that will help - in contemporary wushu training, when you first come to practice horse stance, you can sometimes do it with your arms outstretched - rather like wushuRichard does - which just gives a little bit of extra forward balance, allowing you to straighten your back and keep agood posture as you buildbasic leg strength.

Ultimately, there is no way round doing more flexibility and stance training - remember, over time, not over night.

13. Llamageddon

It's definitely something you should bear in mind - always listen to your body. However, to find out if it is the scoliosis, you first have to develop correct form and posture in the stance, otherwise how will you know if it's your scoliosis or not?!

Oh, and don't mind the banter - some of us just want to make sure you get the best advice we're capable of giving!

14. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

Can some one remind me please, what is the typical english short version of richard? I just can't quite recall. :)

15. Llamageddon

Rich. How dare you try to bring MAP in to disrepute?! :p

16. Dean Winchester

I went to school with a chap called Richard Head!

No really I did.