Hopkins vs Kovalev

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by belltoller, Nov 9, 2014.

1. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

I'd really hoped that B-Hop could've pulled it off - even though in the back of my mind I was quite doubtful.

Give Hopkins credit for taking the fight and holding through to the end. Not afraid to tarnish his legacy - unlike some others.

2. Yatezy

Yatezy One bad mamba jamba

Fair play to him. Was never gonna be an easy fight but gotta give him credit as he took some big hits!

Credit to Kovalev for executing a perfect game plan and not rushing in at all. Boxed intelligently. Took some decent shots as well and looks like he can be hurt. A Stevenson fight would be interesting.

3. Madao13

Madao13 Valued Member

Good fight!!
    Here is a link to the fight for those that haven't watched it.
    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wD9COJSVHw"]YouTube[/ame]

I also wanted B-Hop to win. He didn't managed to make history and gave me the impression that he knew he would lose for the very first rounds..
    I had never watched a match of Kovalev before. I only knew he was KO artist.
    His technique is a also solid, so B-Hop had almost no advantage against him..

4. belltoller

They took down the link. You didn't think HBO to be that generous, did you? lol.

5. belltoller

I'd really like to see Hopkins fight Stevenson - a fight I think he has a good chance of winning - and go out on a high note.

6. puma

puma Valued Member

I think enough is enough. 83 year olds shouldn't have to go through what Hopkins just did.