Hope this isn't a dumb question. It is a strange one though.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by 8limbs38112, Sep 25, 2016.

1. 8limbs38112

8limbs38112 Valued Member

I live in an apartment complex and there is some weird stuff going on the floor above me.

I was just wondering. I hate to sound like the salem witch trials accusing people of being witches, but................

I mean it is real noisy up there at odd times of the night. Even on work nights and this is frequently. I can hear them talking, laughing, etc etc.

Sometimes they sound petrified. Or like they get surprised. Like awwww craaaaaaap!!!

I've been real curious about what the hell they do up there at odd times of the night. Even if they are witches, I doubt they would be practicing wicca.

My question is hypothetical. If someone or some people were practicing "black magic", what exactly would it sound like to me if I lived on the floor below them and could hear them pretty clearly?

Do we have any witches in the forum? Ex-witches. Or maybe just somebody that knows a lot about witchcraft? I don't want to sound dumb for thinking this. But if you could hear the kind of sounds I hear up there maybe you would understand. A lot of weird noises and strange laughter come from the floor above me in my apartments.

Now, my theory is that possibly they are some circle of witches. Don't know though. which is why I'm asking. If they were, What would it probably sound like?

I hope I don't come off as a complete idiot. I'm not. But whatever is going on the floor above me it is weird.

2. 8limbs38112

I know its a weird question but it's hard to understand unless you lived in the apartment with me.

3. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Buy crucifixes, you'll be right, unless it's the Black Goat of Hastur or the Crawling Chaos, or even the King in Yellow.

4. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Witch here. You are going to have to be specific about what sounds you are hearing or what is making you think this though.

What dates are you hearing this? Does it coincide with full moons? Equinox's and/ or solstice's? How long does it last?

Why do you doubt they are Wiccan? And why do you assume it is "black" magick or for sinister purposes? Maybe you are just scared of the unknown?

What does it matter anyways? How does it affect your life?

BTW, The way I have been taught, the whole "white and black" magick is not accurate. Magick is like fire. It is a neutral thing and you can use it for good or bad purposes.

(And to others out there - no I won't get into a debate. I am only answering a person's question to help out. My beliefs about the subject of magick is not something I am going to debate with others. It is personal and again, I am only talking about it here to help out. I don't run around here discussing it normally.)

And what is wrong with laughter anyways? So, someone has a weird laugh above you. Why does that mean something nefarious?

Have you thought about just talking to the people that live there?

You sure you just don't have a Dungeons and Dragons session going on up there? :p

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  5. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Found a video on how to tell if someone is a witch. Hope this helps.:p

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3jt5ibfRzw"]Witch Village - Monty Python and the Holy Grail - YouTube[/ame]

6. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Get your Matthew Hopkins on - Round up a posse, dress as puritans and pr!ck* the neighbours with long pins to find the mark of the devil. Burn if necessary.

They're probably just online gaming...Unfortunately.

(*pr!ck comes up as a swear?!?!?)

7. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

Have you consider they might just be getting wasted and messing around? Loud random noises and laughing/ shouting is pretty much the standard aural backdrop in a city centre apartment where I live.

It's 11 oclock in the morning here and I can hear dubstep, 3 different arguments (edit- one just sounds like lads playing FIFA or something similar) and someone bringing up flem in the alley.

8. 8limbs38112

Well, there is more to it than that. I had a weird lucid dream and woke up to there "noise. But knee rider is probably right. I'm probably just overanalyzing the situation.

9. 8limbs38112

You may be right. But I hear a lot of weird sounds up there.

10. 8limbs38112

lol. funny.

11. 8limbs38112

12. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

People up late at night.

Must be witches.

Lol whut?

13. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Let's see, you are in America so...

Aliens, could be aliens.

A weekly Democrat v Republican discussion meeting.

Could be a teenage lunatic with a gun running through scenarios for his next shooting.

Could be some strange ritual where there are sacrifices to the gods.

Maybe be a portal into another existence.

Either way I think you should knock and ask. :evil:

14. 8limbs38112

I don't want to come off as nosy.

15. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Why do you think its witches?

16. 8limbs38112

Well...................They are up at strange hours. Whatever they do sometimes they sound like they get scared. And one night I had a strange dream that a demon was trying to rape me. I could actually feel the demon grab me in the dream. In the dream I would wake up get out of bed, then the demon would grab me from behind. Every time the demon grabbed me though I would break it's bones like I know BJJ or something. This would happen over and over again. I would get out of bed and the demon would try to rape me. Then I would wake up for real, and hear the noise up stairs. Then go back to sleep, then it was the same dream again. It was weird. The dream seemed real, and I could really feel the demon grabbing me on my body in the dream. If it was a demon.

17. 8limbs38112

or it could have been Ero-Sennin with a Crisco oil attack. What a nightmare.

18. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Is it more likely that Demons are real, and the girls are really witches in league with satan? or that you just had a bad dream, and the girls keep different hours to you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

''Occam's razor (also written as Ockham's razor, and lex parsimoniae in Latin, which means law of parsimony) is a problem-solving principle attributed to William of Ockham (c. 1287–1347), who was an English Franciscan friar, scholastic philosopher and theologian. The principle can be interpreted as stating Among competing hypotheses, the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected.''

19. 8limbs38112

Well, it was only a little theory. I don't necessarily BELIEVE they are witches. Which is why I came here for answers. From REAL witches. I do believe in the spiritual realm though. I believe there is a God. I am not a paranoid nutcase. The dream just made me wonder if something demonic was going on up stairs.

20. 8limbs38112

I am aware there are 1000s of other things that may be going on up stairs.