Home Made Training Aids

Discussion in 'Women's Self Defence' started by LexS, Dec 24, 2003.

1. LexS

LexS New Member

I'm posting this here and one other place on the board, hoping that's OK, moderators.

Here, because I have 2 daughters and one wife :) and I care about women's self-defense & safety issues.

I made this batch of training aids for home use:

1) Home-made punching / kicking bag.

Constructed out of rolled up carpet, duct taped to the desired circumference, and put it in a laundry bag which hangs from an attic rafter. I vary the hanging height for punching or kicking.

2) Home-made practice dummy.

Constructed out of PVC pipe 'skeleton', carpet head, torso & legs, and duct tape. ( I call him 'Bob Berber'. )

The head is carpet and a lot of tape, torso is mostly carpet wrapped to human thickness, the legs the same. I dressed it in clothes and a skull / ski cap. (Only felt really weird when I was pulling its pants up ! Better than leaving them down, I guess.)

Feet are PVC 'T' joints metal-strapped to a 3 foot by 3 foot piece of plywod.

Glad to write out the plans and post photos if anyone's interested.

3) Home-made speed bag.

Long athletic 'tube' sock filled with beans as a timing & distance bag. I can spar with it or practice speed strikes of all sorts.

2. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

Don't we already have a topic EXACTLY like this?

PL

EDIT: Yeah... didn't read the first part... just sort of glanced at the post...

Still I think 1 topic is enough.