Holyfield

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by puma, Jan 2, 2014.

1. puma

puma Valued Member

Came across something the other day that reminded me. What ever happened to the investigation they was going to do over the Holyfield drugs thing? Or Evans Field or whatever he called himself? What was the outcome?

2. puma

puma Valued Member

Just reading the Tyson book where he claims Holyfield bit someone in the amatuers. I never heard that before.

3. Donn1e

Donn1e New Member

I was surprised no-one is talking about Evander on the 'Big Brother' series in the UK?

I feel a bit sorry for the Americans on that show right now.

4. puma

puma Valued Member

Don't watch it, but what a sad situation for someone like him ending up on a low-level show with those bunch of morons. The only one I know is Jim Davidson! They aren't celebrities! But anyway, surely Holyfield can make money in other ways without stooping so low? It makes me sad. Who advises him? I mean, with the money he made, how the hell can you lose it all?

5. Donn1e

Donn1e New Member

He's not getting good advise, I can tell you that certainly!

I haven't watched the show since that guy ran away, over the roof about 12 years ago - can't stand it - it is a little better this year, still too much marketing, but I guess there's no escaping that...and far too much cuddling, which will probably die out when everyone syncs their personalities.

Evander will be lucky to get very far - he's been lulled into a false sense of security this week. Which is a real shame, both himself and Louisa probably have more strategy about them than the others and could really make for an interesting show!

Give it a couple more weeks, and it'll probably be worth watching...

Right now it's all about Lee Ryan from the band Blue, lying and cheating with models.

6. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

There was always a lot of suspicion about Holyfield using back when during the early 90's I believe it was however, there was a lot of suspicion about several fighters during that time IIRC... even Roy Jones himself tested positive for androstenedione vs. Hall... of course like most cheats he said it was ripped fuel. The drug tests at the time were so pathetic, it really didn't catch likely at least half of the people that were using.

7. puma

puma Valued Member

Yeah, but at one point it was really looking bad for Holyfield. There was an "Evans Field" having drugs sent to his address! I just wondered how it all panned out. Was that part of the BALCO thing, or am I getting confused?

8. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

I really could not tell you there. I know Travis Tygart was the one who finally pushed Armstrong to basically retire from fighting with the USADA, and Tygart was after him for YEARS. I don't think/not sure that had anything to do with Balco.

Here is a link to some of the confusion about it all from a steroid site oddly enough.

http://grg51.typepad.com/steroid_nation/2007/03/the_evidence_ag.html