Holy Holm Title Reign Is ILLEGAL.

Discussion in 'MMA' started by DARKREALITY, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

rne02, please remember that MAP has a no swearing policy. Thank you.

2. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

I'll concede that point on a general basis, but have no clue what it has to do with the Holm / Rousey result?

A single glancing blow, landed during a (legal) barrage of strikes, does not a severe infraction of the rules make...

...after all, the Ref. was present for the fight, was he not? He saw what we all saw, did he not? Yet you use this argument to defend your original comments, dispelling to official decision/outcome of the fight, as determined by You?

Travess

3. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Considering I don't think Holm did anything wrong the example doesn't really matter. The fact she didn't do something blatantly illegal after knocking out Rousey of all people just proves my point further: If she could control herself in that situation then no one has any excuse not to.

I'm not saying Holm specifically landed illegal shots afterwards, I'm saying there are fighters who do it. And the "well the fight was over already" excuse is trotted out as a defence for them. The general excuse is what my post was about, not this specific example.

4. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Ronda Rousey hasn't even recovered from that headkick NOW let alone being given 5 minutes after that glancing punch to the head (that I think was half punch and half moving the hand to brace for GnP anyway).
    So if anyone concedes your point that Rousey should have been given 5 minutes it would change nothing because 5 minutes or not Rousey was done.
    Rousey could have been given another 50 minutes and Holm would have smashed her.

5. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

-edited-

Rousey was OUT after the head kick. Doesn't matter if she ate one to the back of the head. She was done. She was dominated. Deal with it.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2015
  6. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Korpy, watch the personal attacks. That's also not an adjective we allow on MAP

7. DARKREALITY

DARKREALITY Valued Member

So are you saying that because it was not "determined by the referee" at the time, then no further action can be taken with the UFC or through a court of law?

8. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

Why would you think it should be taken that far ?

9. HairoNoSora

HairoNoSora Valued Member

maybe somebody lost a lot of money on a bet ;)

10. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

So, it would seem your ability to see things that just aren't there, is a universal trait, and not just limited solely to UFC fights! :bang:

Nope, not what I am saying at all, what I was saying though, is that he clearly saw no infraction of the rules in this instance - Which was totally the right call by the by - so he (and seemingly the officials at cage side and BOTH 'corners') determined that whilst a stray shot may have landed, this did not amount to an intentional or excessive breaking of the rules. Both fighters fought a good and clean fight, but ultimately Rousey was just outclassed on the night.

That all being said though, fill your boots, pursue what ever cause of action you see fit to overturn this gross miscarriage (in your opinion) of sporting injustice. I personally enjoyed the fight, and am equally looking forward to the rematch.

Travess

11. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

No we are saying that there is no case whatsoever to answer - certainly not in a court of law

12. -APEX-

-APEX- Valued Member

Holly "The Queen" Holm dominated the entire fight. The first few power lefts she landed threw Ronda off her game.

Ronda needs to change gyms, she isn't used to taking a punch and her footwork, over-commiting on strikes looked really sloppy.

She is used to dealing with yes men who won't be real about her weaknesses...

If Ronda went to a better gym she would have a good chance at re-taking the strap... but she's staying with Edmund so.. Holly by KO round 1 in the rematch.